HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Snufi

auxiliary web syndrome

Hi to all, The procedure used to deal with post masectemy pain is called counter stimulation. the objective is to interefere and therefore eliminate the pain signal from masectemy site to the brain. The procedure goes as follows: Start with masectemy arm. With your fingers from your left hand stroke up from your hand, getting the top side and bottom. Go all the way up to the shoulder, under the shoulder and across masectemy scar. Then start at the same place as before , but with 3 fingers of left hand work ing your way up the arm doing circular motions of three on each spot as you move up. Then start over with a wash cloth using same stroke as the initial one, again going up arm and across masectemy scar. Start over again with wash cloth and do the circular stroke all the way up the arm. When I first started this study 5 weeks ago, my pain was a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Now it is down to two.Go slowly, should take about 10 minutes. Also, I found coconut oil under the arm and across scar to help.

You can also do stretches: (1) lift affected arm in front of you, hold 5 sec.(2) lift affected arm out to the side, hold 5 sec.(3) Bring affected arm across your body and hold there for 5 sec with other hand (4) doorway stretches(5) clasp both hands and put behind head and stretch. For all of these do simple stretches dont overextend. Do 20 each.

Take care,

Snufi

P.S. Please say a prayer for my friend who has has a reoccurrence in her bones after being 15 years NED.
Snufi is offline   Reply With Quote