HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
juanita

antidepressant ?

been on zoloft for almost 4 years now. started out on 50mg and about a year ago it was raised to 100. but the past few weeks i've noticed that it just didn't seem to be working as well. i was having panic attacks, wanting to cry and the anger at the smallest things was off the charts. it kept getting worse and today went to see my pcp. he thought it was unusual to develop a resistance to it, but said it was possible. gave me an option of trying to increase the dose or a new med called pristiq. i opted for the pristiq. anybody take this? heard of it? advice on it?
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
donocco5w4

Pristiq is Desvenlafaxine, very similar to Venlafaxine (Effexor). It differs from Zoloft in that it inhibits the reuptake of both Serotonin and Norepinephrine. Zoloft only inhibits Serotonin reuptake. Common side effects of Pristiq include possible rises in blood pressure, nausea, drowsiness, constipation and others. The dosage is usually 50mg daily. As Pristiq effects two n neurotransmitter systems it may be more effective than the Zoloft which seems to be losing its efect. Other drugs that effect both the Serotonin and Norepinephrine system are Cymbalta and Effexor.

Paul
donocco5w4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
MJo

I take a small dose of Lexapro but I just raised it due to my annual seasonal affective disorder. It's mid october now and I feel the symptoms - grouchiness, trouble sleeping oddly, sleepiness, some depression. I also use a SAD light 20 minutes a day. Looking back I think that my all but breakdown during my initial treatment for BC had something to do with SAD. I was diagnosed in late October and started the dreaded AC in December.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote