HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Talking ~Mighty Oak~6 A/C's Down, 6 To Go!! Ughh!

Friday will mark the 6th A/C treatment for Mighty Oak. We thought we were going to do 8-9, but he will be getting 12 total or however many his body can withstand. Mostly he is fatigued and nauseated, his heart is holding strong. Tumor markers dropped by over 75% and although not within normal range we are headed into the right direction. The doctor said that Ed will be on a chemo holiday after all these treatments, he stated that this poor man has been on treatments since 2006 and needs a break very badly.

If you ask Ed if he thinks he has a grip on the cancer, he would say YES. He would tell you all that he feels like this is it, that this is the treatment to get him to NED. In the meantime, we take every day, every second, every breath. We will take whatever we can get. So far we have bought some time, hopefully more time with this treatment.

The color has returned into our lives, the deafening sounds of silence that once was is now replaced with music. My heart still fights with all of the negative realizations, each day I push away the sadness and replace it with joy. Even if we never see NED, we will have lived life to the fullest atleast trying!! Normalcy has returned and with each day, each second, each breath...there is more.

This post is to update and to provide you with inspiration and anything else you can grasp from it. I would be lying if I said that I am alright all the time. Sometimes when there is some normalcy, some hard belly-laughs, knowing what I was going to say before I say it....reality slaps me to tears. I know he is still here with me and that we are all dying with each passing day, there are times when I can easily push that away. There are times I turn to a little lost girl!! I miss the life we had, the people we were. This is our life now and I do appreciate everything because it has never been so full. I have brushed away the people (one being a grandmother who never knew how to love anyway) who do not belong and replaced them with people whom do. One thing I still have trouble with is 'how will I go on without him, who will I tell my stories to?? Bill, you have really helped me to deal with those issues just by being the man you are, for you are paving my way when that time comes. For that my Dear Friend I could never thank you enough for, (comma..ha!ha!) please continue to show me the way. All of you!!

You all are part of this life that I cherish so, without you I do not know where I would be. Although I do visit a couple of other sites, those sites have never given to us what we need. Sorry I have been distant lately, I feel fragile at the moment and if I was to be attacked from something I have said I know I would crumble. This is no way to feel for anyone of us, Andi's post says it all, (Andi, I had a beautiful response to it but lost it) and I will try to respond if my eyes allow. This has never stopped me before from posting my 'naked' soul, but it has been a long time since I have felt so fragile. I will try to be a better friend to you all.

I am following you all though, I am still loving you all more each day, and thoughts of you filter through my mind all day. Some would never understand how this helps us. Some have even told me how depressing that this must be to live ALL day EVERY day with cancer surrounding me (per Joy..Duh!!). Huh, totally opposite. I love you, I pray for you, I follow you.....today and always. Thanks>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
Mary Jo

Dear Sweet Marie,

You don't have to "try and be a better friend to us," you are the perfect friend to each of us ALWAYS. You are always supportive, incredibly loving and super duper kind. Always.

I'm happy that Ed's numbers are dropping and thankful he is able to continue with the A/C treatments. I'm also thankful that you and Ed are able to have this time together. Time to grow closer and to share with each other all your hearts hold....all the things you want to say..........all the things you want to do.

Thanks for bringing us up to date Marie. Sending my love and God's Peace your way.

Love AND a big hug.....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
Bill

Wink

Sweet Marie, you are such a wonderful strong person. Please don't apologize a bit for not posting much or checking in very often. It seems like you are putting too much pressure on yourself to try to do everything all at once and be everything to everyone. Nikki often counseled me to slow down and not be so hard on myself. Repeating a story here, two days before Nikki passed away, I was really stressed out, moving furniture around, a lift chair being delivered, moving beds around, administering pain and nausea meds, lack of sleep, etc. you know. Nikki said, "Hey you're all stressed out. Something could happen to you right now, a massive heart attack, or a ruptured brain aneurysm, and you would die.....all stressed out. Is that how you want to go out? or do you want to go peacefully?" A calmness entered my spirit then. She said,"My God, you're doing everything you possibly can for me, and that's all you can do" Marie, I know you are doing everything you possibly can for Ed, and I know you want to do more, but you are doing your best. Nicola and I wished we could have our old life back, it was awesome in every way, but now we had a new life together, and it was just as awesome. I know what you mean by not having anyone to tell your stories to, but right now, you quit stressing so much and keep telling your stories to Ed. You are in my thoughts and prayers, Love, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
TSund

Marie...what a beautiful post. Thank-you.

Terri
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
chrisy

Marie,

"If you ask Ed if he thinks he has a grip on the cancer, he would say YES"

How long you have waited to hear that, and say that! I remember when you were both feeling so hopeless. I'm so glad you are able to have this time when things, finally, are going in the right direction. And looking forward to a long chemo holiday for both of you.

We all love you so much; you give people like me a glimpse of life on the other side of the relationship. Perhaps the two are related. You, and Bill, represent the heart and soul, joys and fears of all those beloveds in our lives. THANK YOU so much for sharing this. Now I will echo what Nicola told Bill, and what I want for my own beloved hubby: Take care of yourself, be gentle with yourself, don't try to take it ALL on your shoulders.

Much much love to you and Ed
Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Bev

Glad to hear TMs are down. Won't tell you not to stress because you won't listen. Just keep telling yourself you are doing the best you can, and you are. I hope you can get that chemo break soon. It will lighten your burden. Take care, Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
SoCalGal

Marie-
Your post made me cry. I echo Chris' sentiments.
Thanks for sharing.
Love Flori
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #8
Joanne S

Wow! Six down! Yeah-Yeah!

Mighty and Marie
--------------------------

MaryJo, Bill & Chrisy --- nicely said---

Marie, Marie, Marie! First and foremost you are #1. You need to treat Marie better and best, so your eyes and health do not suffer any more; otherwise you will need a care giver. We don't want anything to happen to you. We need you too.

Great news Mighty! Yeah!

I don't know if Ed's AC is dose dense or not, but none the less, it's strong stuff. Twelve treatments sounds like an enormous amount. AC Kick BC butt! I am so glad Ed's tolerating it.

Give Mighty a hugand tell him we are happy to hear good news.

You are not just Mighty's Lady, but you are One Mighty Special Lady!

Hoping and Praying for continuous improvement and wellness,
Hugh Hugs,
Jo
Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #9
kareneg

Smile

Marie what can I say but I love you! I am so glad this treatment is working well for Ed and there is normalcy being restored to your life. I think and pray for you Ed and Mom every single day. Talk soon!

IDC
DX 1998 STAGE I ER+/ PR+
AC CHEMO TILL FEB 1999
Tamxofin till 2001
2001 exstensive liver mets and mets to lungs
Started weekly taxol
Jan 2002 found out I was strongly HER2POS+++ started herceptin continued with taxol and herceptin till June 2002 then from June 2002 till Jan 2005 just herceptin and Arimidex
2005 Navelbine herceptin had RFA Then back on taxol with herceptin
April 2006 progression again went on clinical trial with tykrerb/herceptin progressed on the started Xeloda/ herceptin
Feb 2007 started Doxil
August 2007 Taxotere,Carboplatin and Herceptin exstensive mets to liver and pancreas
October 2007 Had to stop Carboplatin due to sever allergic reaction
Jan 2008
Stopped Taxotere due to progression now on Gemzar and Herceptin
March 2008 Starting Carboplatin, Abraxane, and Herceptin.
kareneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #10
kimber

You have hope. That is everything! Not to mention all of us! Praying, wishing, hoping, loving.

There is not a day that goes by that I do not send out positive thoughts and prayers for all of you! Myself included!!

You hang on to him and love him. We will all hang on to you! I believe in you!

Much love - kim
double mastectomy
4DD AC - 16 weekly Taxol
6 months Herceptin - stopped due to MUGA
35 chest wall rads
Tamoxifen
Lat flap with silicone implant reconstruction on left side due to radiation. "Normal" silicone on right. Finished all reconstruction 6-07!!!
kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
tricia keegan

Sweet Marie!

Marie I can only echo the wonderful sentiments everyone has already expressed, you are a MIGHTY lady and a wonderful friend to all that need you. I'm so glad about Ed's progress but wow ...12 a/c???? I know how fatigued and ill I felt after four so he must be quite a man lady!!
Take time for you too Marie, and know I'm thinking of you and your Mighty Oak always
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
TriciaK

Marie, you are such an inspiration to all of us. I know from my own experience that it is harder to see someone you love suffer than to go through it yourself. It is especially hard to see a strong man go through all Ed is going through. But together you are both stronger than you have ever been, and it is obvious that your love is stronger than ever. I hope you are keeping a journal, at least saving all your wonderful posts. Perhaps when you and Ed have weathered this horrific storm you may want to publish your story, because it is certainly a powerful story of two strong, loving people facing and overcoming the monster together. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are in our thoughts and prayers! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #13
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Talking It's Friday.....

We are getting ready for chemo. Today we will be half way through this adventure, then hopefully a chemo holiday 'Dancing with NED'!! I know friends that 12 A/C treatments sounds a bit extreme, especially since the average is 4. Ed was a tall, muscular man so this has helped him. Also, we are finding out that even though it is breast cancer, men will start to get treated differently (per Santa's treats from Lani, Dana Farber, MD Anderson). This is great news for MALE patients because they are different cancers hormonally.

Although I agree it sounds overboard he does have Inflammatory BC and it has been ravishing his body for so long. The choice between this combo hurting his body VS trying to finally get to NED was a hard one indeed! We needed this powerful cocktail to jump start him, to help get a grasp of the nasties. Men can get more medication, partly because of size....partly. As the doctor has mentioned, half full, not half empty!! If this works for Mighty Oak, it may help other males in this precarious position. Our hope besides it working for Ed is to have our Oncologist & Dana Farber keep close records for the other men this research could help. Although the reasons for the cocktail are apparent to us, Ed needs to do this to benefit others. And that is just another quality this wonderful man has....always giving back. That goes for all of our friends who are in trials for the same reasons. Thank you for all the others you shall help in that process.

I thank you for the posts of support. I thank you for the private e-mails. Your support is incredible and an amazing factor in my life.

So we are off to treatment, bring it!!!! Our nurses have already called in anticipation to our visit. It is snowing badly here BILL--Hehehe!!

YOU ARE ALL "MY" MEDICINE and YOUR TREATMENT REIGNS SUPREME>>Love>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #14
hutchibk

You and Ed and your mom are all my MEDICINE!! Thank you so much for your posts. They are so much more than updates! They are phenomenal and they help push me along to tolerate my treatments until hell freezes over, damnit! LOL

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #15
Gerri

Dear Marie,

Thanks for the uplifting post, you are so amazing. I'm so happy to hear that the treatment for Ed is finally working. You give so much of yourself, I am amazed that you have anything left to give - and yet you do. Love is so powerful, I am sure that is what fuels you each and every day. So, enjoy the 'vacation' - take that time to breathe and take care of Marie. You are truly an angel on earth. Ed is so lucky to have you.

Much love,
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #16
Bill

Wink

You are such an inspiration to us, Marie! Please know that we are all with you and the Mighty Oak as you go through your trials. (choosing my words carefully here, sorry if I offend anyone, but if I do, go to my apology thread) It seems that many of you chuckle with glee every time it snows or sleets or a chill wind whips up anywhere in the world. "See, Bill, haha, it's not spring yet. You lose! We win! LLLLoooser!" But wait, if our Creator, the-spirit-that-moves-in-all-things, Jehovah, the Highest Power, God, whatever you may call him, can cause it to rain fish and frogs from a cloudless sky, and cause blood to rain down on the earth (all documented events), then it would be a simple thing for Him to bring a snowfall in spring-time, wouldn't it? Actually, I think an early spring is right around the corner.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
sassy

Marie,

You are an inspiration to us. Keep the faith.
Left mast .9cm tumor 5 of 14 nodes
Triple Positive
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol/Herceptin
33Rads
Strange infect mast site one year aft surg, hosp 1 wk
Herceptin for total of 18 months
Lupron Monthly 4 yrs
Neurontin for aches, pains and hot flashes(It works!)
Ovaries removed 11/09 stop Lupron and Neurontin
Arimidex 6 yrs (tried Femara, no SE improvement)
Tried Exemestane-hips got so bad could hardly walk
Back to Arimidex for year seven
Zometa 2X Annual for 7years, Lasix
Stop Arimidex 5/13
Stop Zometa 7/13-Bi-lateral Stress Fractures in Femurs from Zometa
5/14 Start Tamoxifen
3/15 Stem cell transplant to stimulate femur bone growth/healing
5/15 Complete fracture of right femur/Titanium rods both femurs
9/16 Start Evista stopTamoxifen
3/17 Stop Evista--unwelcome side effects!
NED and no meds.......
14YEARS NED!
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote