HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
brittd01

Mom update

Hello gals (and guys)!

It's been several months but I just wanted to give you all an update on Mom. Quick History: Dx at Stage IV in 3/2004 with mets to liver and lungs. Did 9 months of taxol/carbo/herceptin and shrunk the tumor to less than 1cm. Continued on Herceptin alone until Aug/2005 b/c a spot on her spine showed up. Did 15tx of rads to spine and began navelbine/herceptin. Took this combo until scans in Feb. showed no cancer in liver, lungs, or bone BUT a lymph node under her breast lit up on her scans. So she began FEC Feb/2006 until June. Since March she began to have increased pain in her breasts. Scans last month show that she is still all clear in the liver, lungs, bones but she has a new spot in the soft tissue near her clavicle. So....she's now on Xeloda, Zometa, and back on herceptin. Her onc. really wants her to try the Tykerb as well. Well, that's about it, just wanted to let you all know that she is feeling really well at the moment and hopefull that all these new tx will keep coming!

xoxo,
Brittany
brittd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
Unregistered

Brittany;

How wonderful of you to keep us informed of your mothers progress.....and what a loving daughter you are!!! It is a tough fight but it sounds like your mother is making great progress. Keep us informed. Lapatinib might very well be good for your mom. Is she Her2+ or borderline. Is she ER/Pr+?

Cathy
Old 07-21-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
MJo

I hope this round annihilates it. I admire your and your mother's fighting spirit. M JO
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
brittd01

Hi Cathy!

I do not know what Her2+ she is exactly. But she is er/pr-. Thanks for all the well wishes!
brittd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
Lisa

Wow, it sounds like your mother has really been a fighter. And, better yet, a successful one. Thanks for your support of her and for keeping us up to date. I, too, am waiting for the Tykerb reply.

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote