HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
julierene

My girls turned 6 and 7 last week!

I am so excited my girls are another year older! I just wanted to share... It seems like things are looking up for us. I am seeing them grow up! It's so mushy and sweet - I can't hardly stand it. I went ALL out for their party and they played in the water, had a pinata, and they had probably had 15 kids to play with. Boy it was an exciting day! We are still wore out - but it was SO worth it!

I am now done with my 2nd treatment of the 3-week Herceptin only. Last PET scan showed scar tissue on the radiated spots (in back and right femur). If I had only known radiation would cause such long term issues, I may have decided differently! Oh well... At least I know now. The chemo did such a good job, I feel very fortunate.

I had all this urgency about trying to get things done, now I feel a bit more relaxed thinking I have more time! It feels so good. Really Good! When I first started reading these boards, I was SO terribly jealous of all the ladies with good news. I was excited too, but I wanted so badly to be giving everyone good news - and now I am! It's been a roller coaster journey, maybe now I can have a little bit smoother of a ride for a little while?! And give hope to those women who felt like I did - that they really can give good news too.
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
chrisy

happy birthdays

That's great news! There is so much hope, and its so good to be reminded that there can be good news. Thanks for sharing that. Here's to having many, many more of those parties (you think you're worn out now, just wait a couple years when they are "sleepovers"!)
Chris
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
tousled1

Julierene,

That's great news! I had my first Herceptin only just last week. If all goes well, we'll both be finishing up around this time next year. Good luck to you.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:39 AM   #4
John21

Smile

Great news. It is good to hear good news! Much prayer.

John
John21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:16 AM   #5
julierene

It was a 4 hour party, I guess I hadn't thought about sleepovers. You just gave me an idea!!!! I think that would be so much fun for them! HEHE
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:55 AM   #6
Ann

Congratulations that you are feeling better and that you have so much hope for the future. It sounds as if your girls' party was enjoyed by all!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #7
Lisa

SO glad that you're feeling optimistic. This truly is a roller coaster ride. Just remember that what goes down must come up. Or something like that. Let your children's smiles light the way for your recovery.

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
Shell

Can't say it much better than the others, and Lisa's phrase of children lighting the way is so sweet...My girls are 8 and 10, and I know what you mean about the joy of reaching each milestone you weren't sure you would see...

Shell
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #9
madubois63

Congratulations on the very important milestone!! I certainly did not think I would make six years, so I know how important this is for you!! Expect not to sleep during those sleepovers...enjoy every precious moment!!!!
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
Bev

Thanks for the good news, We do need that balance. The sleepovers! As long as you don't need any sleep that day. Have fun. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #11
RobinP

So glad for you and your girls!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #12
Audrey

I know just how you feel! My kids are now 8 and 10 and I am so delighted that I am still here to enjoy each birthday. They were 3 and 5 when I was diagnosed and I was so scared they would grow up without their Mom... When my son graduated from the 4th grade in June the school had a little graduation celebration and I was beaming and crying like it was high school or college--I guess the silver lining of this cancer experience is that we don't take any of these moments for granted and savor them all.
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote