HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2006, 03:49 AM   #1
RhondaH

Question Al, How is Linda?

As always, you have been such a wonderful support to all of us on HER2, but how are things in "your world" and how is Linda doing? Take care, God bless and you ALL are in my prayers.

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
al from Canada

Hi Rhonda,
Thank you for asking. Linda's energy is starting to pick-up dramatically, no more naps and is starting to leave the house with me. This has been very traumatic for her. The trial was often an all day affair, which neither of us were expecting, and the side effects of the steriods, esp. the moon face, despite my warnings, really threw her. Fortunately she is now down to 1/2 tab 2 x day or 4 mg / day, and will be off them by the weekend. She is not symptomatic anymore so we are looking at that as a good thing. Her next appointment is next week where I assume she will be put on Iressa on top of her heceptin and xeloda. HER1 inhibitors have been shown to resensitize resistant her2 and ER cells and will also cross the blood brain barrier (but you know that from previous discussions). The other good news is that Linda hasn't shown any sympyoms of neurological decline often associated with WBR. Maybe that's a spin-off of the ALLOS drug??

Other than that, we are making plans for the future, bought a new washer / dryer combo today because the old washer died, still talking about getting to Europe this summer. We are also still planing a trip to Seattle soon for an out-of-country assessment.

Take care,
Al
Old 02-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
RhondaH

Thumbs up EXCELLENT NEWS Al!!!

and may the good news continue to flow to you, Linda and ALL on the Her2 Board.

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
StephN

Wink Best news ...

... is that there seems to be no decline in functions for Linda due to the radiation. I know that some patients get up to 20 days of rads. I think it was 10 for Linda in the trial. Maybe this is less harmful and does as much good as the higher number of doses without the Allos drug.
A very good Valentine's message for me to see!

Keep the good news coming, OK?
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
eric

Al and Steph

Al, great to hear/read that Linda is doing so well. She continues to amaze and the two of yoy make a heck of a team!

Steph, welcome back from your short vacation!

Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Unregistered

Thumbs up

So good to hear that Linda is on the mend. It been a long time coming. Also that Steph is back with us. Keep the good news coming. hugs, Sandy
Old 02-14-2006, 09:24 PM   #7
mamacze

Talking

Dear Al,
You and Linda have been on my mind for days...thank you for the update. I am so glad to hear the Linda has once again bounced back. But those damn steroids can really knock you for a loop. Thank God she is dosing down and can begin to feel a bit normal again. I wonder how long it takes to loose the side effects of the steroids...sooner rather than later in Linda's case, I hope. Well, please tell Linda that we are thinking about her and rooting for her to continue with her strong come back. You must both be relieved that she has no neurological decline. As soon as she gets a few good doses of grand babies she will feel like her ol' self...
Welcome back friends,
Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
Esther

Al, good to hear that Linda is doing well after her treatment. The lack of symptoms is great!

Thanks for updating us on how she is doing.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #9
Barbara H.

Hi Al,
What a relief to hear that Linda is doing well and feeling better. It's good to have those trips in your future.
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #10
Lolly

Al, I'm glad to hear Linda has more energy, and you both are looking to the future; all good! She has a lot to look forward to, with summer on the way and those grandkids growing

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote