HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
hannah

side effects of xeloda

Has anybody on Xeloda suffered with extreme joit pain and if so what did you take for it? sister has just started on xeloda for brain mets( took all info Patty gave to me) today she is so unwell cant stand cant get comfortable due to joint pain has taken brufen but feel uselss would appreciate any advice.
Hannah
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
mickey

sorry!!! No pain yet
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
julierene

Yes, I have had joint pain - but with Zometa. So much so, that I was concerned I had more mets they hadn't found. Mine aren't bad enough to take my Hydrocodone, but I have them as a stand-by if it was bad enough.
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #4
Unregistered

Dear Hannah- I am on xeloda and get a lot of back pain. Stretching exercises and swimming help a lot. When I was on taxol, I had very bad joint pain and the doctor prescribed strong pain med. which I can't remember the name. But it really worked great and I was able to carry on all my activities.God Bless- Cathy
Old 01-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #5
Sherry in WV

Smile

I have been having back pain with Xeloda. I take 'Darvocet. They don't make me drowsy. 'Sometimes I only take 1/2 of one. Depends on how bad the pain is.

I hope this helps. Hang in there. The Xeloda does not seem to be working for me. I hope that it works for you!
Be safe
Sherry
Sherry in WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:38 AM   #6
pattyz

Hannah,
Crap! I'm sorry to hear this. I'm already on a small dose of MS Contin for back pain from degenerative disk disease, so I have not noticed an increase of pain in any joints.

I did have two episodes of pain/ache in lower back on side, but away from any joints. It was similar to muscle type strain. One lasted over a week. One just a few days.

I sincerely hope your sister can get this resolved with a pain med that she can tolerate, soon!

hugs to you both,
pattyz
Old 01-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
hannah

Patty

Thanks Patty
she seems to be on mend walking much better and in much less pain the good news is she has reduced steroids and has had no sickness so we are looking at this as a good sign. I keep telling her about you and use you as an example to keep her positive although she is too frightened to post herself you are all a great help at such a difficult time your strength amazes me THANK YOU
hannah
Old 01-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
pattyz

hannah,
I think you're right to be hopeful! This does sound like very good progress, indeed, imo.

Do you know what dosage/schedule your sister's onc has prescribed?

more BIG hugs,
patty
Old 01-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #9
lu ann

Hear Hannah, My nurse told me if I start xeloda that they would monitor my side effects closely so they could adjust the dose. You should give your doc. a call and let them know what you are experiencing. I have not been on xeloda yet, but I think I will be on this tx. next after I get the results of scans I'm having next month. I've been given a 2 month break from chemo and herceptin after completing 4 months of gemsar along with herceptin and monthly zometa tx's. My nurse also said she loved xeloda so I assume it must be a good tx. for mets. Blessings, Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #10
hannah

Hi Patty/Lu

my sister is on 1700mg twice day for 2 weeks then 1 week off ,for 18 weeks she saw her oncologist who has taken blood and will review results. After the awful few days she had she is much better walked up to shops and took kids to school and she is probably going back to work next week so hopefully its doing some good
luv Hannah
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #11
pattyz

hannah,
ok...... if your sister has continuing problems a lesser dose may help, or going two weeks between tx's rather than the one.

My Xeldoa dosage is just 1000mg 2x's a day for 14 days, along with the Temodar @ 250 a day for 7 of those 14 days. Then, two weeks off.

can't imagine working and all the rest....... but glad she is feeling so well!
more hugs,
patty