HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2004, 03:34 AM   #1
Kathie in New Jersey

Is anyone on this with Herceptin? Suppose to start this Monday and would like to hear the good with the bad.

Kathie
Old 02-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
Jackie

Hi Kathie,
My onc is "saving" this one for me for later, but I pulled up drug info for all of the possibilities and this one seemed to have the mildest side effects. If you'd like to look for yourself, go to the Index button on this website, then click on the Resources button. The U of Pa (Oncolink, sp?) has good drug info as does Medline (National Institute of Health? Good luck to you!
Jackie
Old 02-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #3
JaneP

Today is day 12 of my first round. I am taking 4 Xeloda pills each morning and 3 each night. So far I have had no troubling side effects although this morning my heels burn just a little.

Of course we don't know if this is working yet, but I feel reasonably well except for my durn shoulder and arm lymphedema!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Jane
Old 02-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #4
Chandi

Hi Kathie!

I am suspected of having liver met in last July after a routine CT scan detected small spot in the liver and the 2nd in December. I have been on Tamoxifen since my mastectomy in 94 September, no herceptin as this test was not done at that time.
I started Xeloda since last December and I had some side effects, the worst one was after the 3rd dose of the 1st cycle that I was taken to the emergency for heart pain but it was not the heart, other than that the side effects are quite manageable except the los of appetite. Yesterday I had the Ultra-sound scan and it did not show any abnormalities; clean.

Best of luck.

Chandi