HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #1
lindaw

Dear All

For some unknown reason I feel extremely down today. I did not know where else to turn. I feel lucky on one hand as the cells keep recurring in my scar line ( 3 times now since oct 2002) and as yet have not gone anywhere. i feel cross that i have had 4 months of chemo and that they have just come back - tricking me into thinking it was working. I woas looking forward to having just maintenance herceptinand maybe some hair. But now it is another re-excision on Thusday and a change of chemo- probably Navelbine , I am feeling like nothing will work and i don't know why, Why am I suddenly feeling this way.
Finding it hard to stop crying today and i don't usually do this at all.

Sorry
love
lindaw
Old 03-06-2004, 10:31 AM   #2
Lolly

Linda, I had recurrence to scar line, multiple small mets that felt like peppercorns just under the skin. Navelbine/Herceptin melted them away within a few months, and although I can't guarantee you'll have the same response I did, chances are good because I know others here have also experienced a GOOD response from Navelbine.
NATURALLY you're down, anyone would be. Just let the tears out, and then try to have faith this combo will work, as it has for so many.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 03-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #3
lindaw

Thanks again Lolly - you have helped me so many times.I think I am better now - shared my feelings with husband and this helped him understand why I had been snappy at him - poor thing.
love and hugs

LIndaw
Old 03-06-2004, 11:26 PM   #4
Annamarie16

It is always so hard when we get another set back. Seems like we are trying so hard, doing what they tell us to do, and then bam, another blow to the head. You have a right to be down. When each and every one of us have to deal with another recurrence, it just knocks the socks off of us. By the way, have they tried radiation?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:51 AM   #5
lindaw

Thanks Annamarie

Yes I had radiation after my mastectomy so don not think I can have it again.

love
Linda