HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-22-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
Allie

I have been fighting the hospital & insurance since I started all of this back in 1996! I can't handle it anymore!!!! Today I got a letter from the hospital saying I have 5 days to respond to their "final request" to pay my bill. I received a bill from hosp 5/8/04 saying I have 30 days to pay. I got this notice today stating I have 5 days to pay. Let's do the math...30 days from May 8=June 7th. 5 days from May 22=May 27...now I may not have a college degree but simple math tells me there is a difference in the dates!!! How have all you wonderful women been fighting this?? Anyone hire a lawyer?! I am fed up w/this!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Allie
Old 05-22-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Sandy

You don't need this stress!! Are you in the U.S.? See if you can get a case manager from your insurance to help you. If that doesn't work call the social worker at the hospital and tell them you can no longer handle the stress. You can offer to pay so much a week or month and they have to accept it because you are making an effort to pay. If they continue to harass you, you can get an attorny but it will cost you. There has to be someone who can help you. You can try calling the Americian Cancer Society as they are always saying how they are here to help us. I hope you can find some help soon. I have had some problems this year with the insurance company and had to get real firm and ask for the supervisors and keep going up the line until I got someone who would help me. Tell them you will have an attorney call them and some times that will take care of it even if you don't have one. Hugs, Sandy
Old 05-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #3
kristen

I read a book that said one way to get around insurance companies is to have your doctor itemize the procedure. say you had to have a bone marrow transplant and they asked for 60,000. if the dr. breaks it down into mri..&, etc what the charges are individually it may help. good luck