HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2004, 12:17 PM   #1
michele u

I too am closing in on my one year since dx. This is bringing on many different feelings. Good and Bad. I remember telling a friend to say goodbye to me, i wouldn't be here in a year,well, here i am!! My social worker told me to have a party with balloons for my childrens sake. I think i will, and call it my new one year birthday. My 11 year old boy has been having alot of psych problems lately. I know its because he overhears me talking with other people. I need to be more careful. I found this website last year also, and am so thankful i have all of you to vent those feelings i can't around my kids and husband. You all understand and can help me though it. I've met 2 very special people on here that i talk with. Audrey and Beth (both from Ohio,must be a great state!) They are my inspiration to keep fighting this fight, because they have been through some terrible things and are triumphant. Like my Dr. told me last week. We,cancer survivors, are the unsung hero's of medicine right now. We all should be proud of ourselves!!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:49 PM   #2
Rozebud

Congrats Michele, on your one year anniversary !!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:07 PM   #3
Lisa

I really like the idea of the party, I love your doctor's attitude and I'm thrilled with your anniversary!

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 08-15-2004, 11:54 PM   #4
Beth

Congrats Michele,

You are a survivor!! Remember you were a stage III and are cancer free for a year now with many more to come. Ginger Empy was a Stage IV and has been cancer free on Herceptin for 9-10 years.

Love,
Beth
Old 08-16-2004, 01:24 AM   #5
Janelle

Michele,

Congrats on your anniversary.. do the party!

Hugs,
Janelle
Old 08-16-2004, 04:34 AM   #6
al from Canada

Remember the glass is half-full not half-empty so: drink-up!
Al