HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
eleanor

Hi,
I need to pick a few brains here. I remeber alot a few postings last year on this. Shark Cartilage. I remember someone writing in and saying how bad it was for you if you have cancer. Any thoughts or experience??? I am experiencing extreme joint pain due to long term prednisone use and I am having to go on anti-inflammatories and pain killers for awhile. Someone recommended this "natual" product that is good for joints but some contain the shark cartilage so I'm afraid to take it.
thanks
el
Old 09-16-2004, 07:27 AM   #2
Jackie

I have taken glucosamine with chondroitin and MSM for pretty extreme hip joint pain and found it very effective (it takes 4-6 wks to feel a difference). I just looked at the bottle and it did not list shark cartilage as an ingredient. I have never had an official diagnosis, but it's probably arthritis (not visible on x-rays). Prior to beginning to take it, I was using more and more anti-inflamatories and they were becoming less and less effective. I hope you find some relief!
Good luck,
Jackie
Old 09-16-2004, 09:28 AM   #3
Kathy

This is a two part answer: First my mother in law Marion Wilbur White, a wonderful woman, took shark cartilage for multiple myloma. It kept her free of tumors for 4 years and she died of a stroke. Now, she took lots of it and took it from the beginning of diagnosis.
Second I take FeelAnew by Natrol. It contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin and NEXRUTINE. Nexrutine is a herb that they found totally stops COX2 in its tracts "Phellodendron amurense Bark Extract". It does not reduce it, it inhibits it from forming. Works wonders on me. I have to special order it from my local health store. Hope this helps.
Kathy
Old 09-17-2004, 01:58 AM   #4
eleanor

Yes, that was the exactly what the doctor ordered and said it would it take about 4-6 wks. I was just concerned about the cartilage but I know you can buy it without.
thanks
el