HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2004, 01:04 AM   #1
Annemarie

I know I have been posting a lot lately. I was wondering if any of you woman get popping in the ear? My radiologist oncologist said it is from the RT because the field he RT was close to my ear. He recommended getting tubes put in. How have others managed?
Old 09-18-2004, 02:54 AM   #2
Christine

Annemarie WBRT is still working for at least 9 mos. to 1 yr.
Besides a muffeled congestion both in my nose and ears, I never needed tubes to evacuate the water. You may consider it if you and your Rad ONC AGREE it can help.
I had crackling and an occasional ring and other short tapping noises from time to time FOR A WHILE My hearing seems fine today, but I did notice the ear wax has been gone for quite some time. It may take a while to feel symptomless, but you will. It's been almost 5 yrs since WBR and feeling great. My Onc recommends a coated aspirin a day to help imrpove brain circulation; it works great.Here's what I learned from BRT...PATIENCE. Well Wishes and HUGS
Old 09-18-2004, 06:18 AM   #3
Annemarie

First I want to say thank you. It is because of you I am going on Herceptin. My Dr. never he checked my status. I am her2+++. I had brain RT two years ago (about) did you find the side effects went away by this time? The ENT said the eustachiary tube gets clogged due to RT. I did have what you described at the beginning until my ENT cleaned out all the dead skin inside of my ear.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:32 AM   #4
Kathie in NJ

I had popping sounds and feeling of congestion. I also had sticky crusty stuff in my ears occasionally. This is all from the WBR. I went to the ENT and he told me to pinch my nose and blow and this will open up my ears and it worked. Give it time and you will be back to normal
Kathie