HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #1
Alicia

This is my third bout with bc in seven years. I'm going to keep trying until I get it cured! I have been on carboplatin for 6 weeks, weekly, after Navelbine failed to do the trick.I've also been on Herceptin for about a year. I have had no side effects with carbo except my platelets have gotten low enough for me to skip a week. Have any of you had good results from carbo? How long did it take for good results to show? I'm afraid my onc will add something to it that will make me feel really lousy and make me lose my hair again. Thanks for any input.
Prayers to you all.
Alicia
Old 02-08-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
Lisa

Alicia,
I haven't taken Carboplatin, but I have experienced low counts. Rather than have to skip a treatment, has you onc mentioned Neulasta or Neoprogen. I have had to get a Neulasta shot a few times, but continue with my treatment the same day, so I've never missed one.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-09-2004, 08:28 AM   #3
Patty H

I'm on taxotere with carboplatin. I have lung and bone mets. The navelbine didn't work for me so I was switched to this combo in Dec. Last week I had a scan and my lung tumor had shrank 20%! I am on a low dose type of two weeks on chemo and the next two weeks just herceptin. I haven't lost my hair as of yet, just some thinning and I feel weak and flu like for a couple of days after chemo but that is all. good luck, I know how it feels to fianlly find a combo that is working. Patty H
Old 02-10-2004, 07:14 AM   #4
Kitty

Alicia,

Am taking carboplatin/taxol/herceptin weekly and my liver mets went from 6.8cm (largest one) to 3mm or a small black line after 11 weeks. Am still on regimen and will be for another couple of months just to make sure. No bad effects, some thinning of hair, blood counts been ok so far. It's a great combo especially weekly. Good luck.
Kitty
Old 02-15-2004, 02:42 AM   #5
Hillarie

Hi - I have stage 4 her2 positive breast cancer that met to my liver (2 spots) have been on herceptin and taxotere for 8 months on a weekly dose. Two months ago my onc just switched me to every three weeks on herceptin, taxotere, and carbo. I just had my first MRI after 3 of these treatments and my breast tumor reduced by 80% and one of my liver spots is almost undetectable. This new chemo plan kicks my butt for 3-4 days but feel that it's really working.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:38 PM   #6
Lolly

xoxoxo