Lani

I highly recommend viewing for those who are her2+ER+ PR- or+

C.Kent Osborne at this week's Miami Breast Cancer conference

Good slides, he talks slowly and clearly and repeats his main points

http://www.cancerconf.com/media/2008.../WEB/index.htm
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
goops

How do you make it work? - I could get the slides to come up.

Help my city grow:

http://goopsville.myminicity.com/ind/
goops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Lani

You have to keep clicking around the webpage--eventually you get an arrow to start

the video

I will try again see if I can be more specific.

Lani
Old 02-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
hutchibk

I can't get it to work either...

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
harrie

It works for me.

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:00 AM   #6
sarah

Sorry but can't get it to work. sounds interesting.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
Lani

someone noted on the thread of the other video I recommended

that they had to change their browser from firefox to internet explorer to make it work. It may also depend on what video player you have set up
(microsoft, real player, quicktime etc)

Let's see if someone here is IT-knowledgeable and can troubleshoot because these and other videos from last week's Miami bc conference are truly worth watching and contained some information I had been unable to find in print and explained much more clearly
Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
AlaskaAngel

Thumbs up Very nice!

It worked just fine for me using internet explorer yesterday. I am a little slow at the intricacies of this stuff but I keep getting more out of it. Thanks for being persistent with it and the other conference presentation, Lani.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
Patb

Thank you Lani. This was very informative. I just wonder now, I am
ER 90% PR 0%. Does not go with the accounts he gave. ?
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
Lani

no it does

your tumor is more likely to be influenced by the membrane/cytoplasm ER which crosstalks with growth factor receptors. It is less likely to be responsive to tamoxifen unless herceptin and/or iressa or tarceva are given simultaneously ...with AIs expected to work somewhat better as I understand his talk(s) I listened to 2 he gave at the Miami bc conference last week.

Your ER % is higher than most her2+s but others on this site have listed themselves with a similar ER%--I have been told that when ER is looked at with a different technique, rtPCR, that her2+ breast cancers are found to have a lower ER concentration than when looked at with the older techniques.

They are finding out more and more that ER as it has been measured up until now is not the most accurate test.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #11
Hopeful

>>I have been told that when ER is looked at with a different technique, rtPCR, that her2+ breast cancers are found to have a lower ER concentration than when looked at with the older techniques.<<

Lani,

I understand that Genomic Health (the folks who bring you the Oncotype Dx test) will begin offering a supplemental report (for extra $$, of course) of ER/PR and Her2 quantitation to those having Oncotype testing done on their tumor some time this year. I am wondering if those of us who have already had Oncotype testing done will be able to go back to GH and see if it is possible to order the subset tests. Personally, I would be very interested to compare their results with the ones from my lab.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #12
Janelle

Hi Ladies,
I want to let you know that the Oncotype DX test is now available to check ER/PR numbers. I just had my slides sent out this week for testing. I'm not sure if insurance will cover it yet. I hope so...the cost is $3000. The pathologist at my lab thought this is the most accurate way to test ER/PR percentages.

I will let you know how the results compare to the ones I received upon re-reveiw by my hospital pathology dept. (60% ER positive and 5-10% PR positive).

Best,
Janelle
vascular invasion
multifocal disease
Lumpectomy November, 2006
A/C every 3 weeks (started Jan., 2007 and finished March 2007); followed weekly Taxol (finished June 2007) concurrent with Herceptin (finished March 2008);
Bilateral Mast with immediate recon in Sept 2007; finished recon Dec. 2007
Started 5 years of tamoxifen Nov. 2007; started peptide vaccine clinical trial at MD Anderson October 2008 and finished active part of trial in April 2009 (monthly injections of AE37 peptitde (HLA type specific) with GM-CSF or GM-CSF alone depending on if I was in experimental or control group); started Zometa infusions June 25, 2009- 4mg every 6 months for 3 years (taking it "off-label" to try to prevent mets)
Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote