HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I highly recommend viewing for those who are her2+ER+ PR- or+ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32756)

Lani 02-23-2008 01:18 PM

I highly recommend viewing for those who are her2+ER+ PR- or+

C.Kent Osborne at this week's Miami Breast Cancer conference

Good slides, he talks slowly and clearly and repeats his main points

http://www.cancerconf.com/media/2008.../WEB/index.htm

goops 02-23-2008 04:32 PM

How do you make it work? - I could get the slides to come up.

Lani 02-23-2008 05:07 PM

You have to keep clicking around the webpage--eventually you get an arrow to start

the video

I will try again see if I can be more specific.

Lani

hutchibk 02-23-2008 10:49 PM

I can't get it to work either...

harrie 02-24-2008 12:48 AM

It works for me.

sarah 02-24-2008 06:00 AM

Sorry but can't get it to work. sounds interesting.
sarah

Lani 02-24-2008 11:13 AM

someone noted on the thread of the other video I recommended

that they had to change their browser from firefox to internet explorer to make it work. It may also depend on what video player you have set up
(microsoft, real player, quicktime etc)

Let's see if someone here is IT-knowledgeable and can troubleshoot because these and other videos from last week's Miami bc conference are truly worth watching and contained some information I had been unable to find in print and explained much more clearly

AlaskaAngel 02-24-2008 11:24 AM

Very nice!

It worked just fine for me using internet explorer yesterday. I am a little slow at the intricacies of this stuff but I keep getting more out of it. Thanks for being persistent with it and the other conference presentation, Lani.

AlaskaAngel

Patb 02-26-2008 05:55 PM

Thank you Lani. This was very informative. I just wonder now, I am
ER 90% PR 0%. Does not go with the accounts he gave. ?
patb

Lani 02-27-2008 12:32 AM

no it does

your tumor is more likely to be influenced by the membrane/cytoplasm ER which crosstalks with growth factor receptors. It is less likely to be responsive to tamoxifen unless herceptin and/or iressa or tarceva are given simultaneously ...with AIs expected to work somewhat better as I understand his talk(s) I listened to 2 he gave at the Miami bc conference last week.

Your ER % is higher than most her2+s but others on this site have listed themselves with a similar ER%--I have been told that when ER is looked at with a different technique, rtPCR, that her2+ breast cancers are found to have a lower ER concentration than when looked at with the older techniques.

They are finding out more and more that ER as it has been measured up until now is not the most accurate test.

Hopeful 02-27-2008 06:14 AM

>>I have been told that when ER is looked at with a different technique, rtPCR, that her2+ breast cancers are found to have a lower ER concentration than when looked at with the older techniques.<<

Lani,

I understand that Genomic Health (the folks who bring you the Oncotype Dx test) will begin offering a supplemental report (for extra $$, of course) of ER/PR and Her2 quantitation to those having Oncotype testing done on their tumor some time this year. I am wondering if those of us who have already had Oncotype testing done will be able to go back to GH and see if it is possible to order the subset tests. Personally, I would be very interested to compare their results with the ones from my lab.

Hopeful

Janelle 06-26-2008 11:23 AM

Hi Ladies,
I want to let you know that the Oncotype DX test is now available to check ER/PR numbers. I just had my slides sent out this week for testing. I'm not sure if insurance will cover it yet. I hope so...the cost is $3000. The pathologist at my lab thought this is the most accurate way to test ER/PR percentages.

I will let you know how the results compare to the ones I received upon re-reveiw by my hospital pathology dept. (60% ER positive and 5-10% PR positive).

Best,
Janelle