HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #1
MPB

Sherry,

I just went through this with my four sisters, My father who loved to stir he pot between us girls, disinherited me and left about 125 thousand to each of them. I was not surprised by it because if you did not have the same view of life then him you had better keep it to your self!!

Well guess who could not.... My father was a rascist and very verbally abuse my whole life. Well when I was told that my cancer was back for the 4th time, NOT ONE of my SISTERS or mom and dad called me, you see over the last 12 years we have never really talked about it because then it would be real??? Go figure, so after my father's death this past spring I told my family to stay out of my life, You see I also did the hoildays, bithdays , family problems guess who was called upon. Well once I was told I had cancer, I stopped after the first year because they n ever gave a crap about all of the time, money and energy it took.

SO TELL HIM< before you can't and then you will be hurt and angry, and that it is not good for your health! Trust me been there done that!

MPB
Six new tumors on neck will be starting the MCC_DM1 trail this week.

"Believe in miracles, and watch them happen!"
MPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
KellyA

Dear Sherry,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through such a difficult situation. I am sure that it is already devastating to see your brother so sick in the first place, and that this is just an extra issue that you don't need. I truly feel that you need to express how you hurt you are. You know, no one knows how long they will be on this earth. Your other siblings don't sound so invincible, and as far as I am concerned, an inheritance is left to a person with good wishes and the intent to make life a little better for that person. I think you are a champ and will be here for a long time, but even if the worst were to happen, and you didn't have another 60 years to spend it, it could still bring a lot of joy through taking trips you might not have been able to, helping others in ways you always wished, or heck, if he really wants to show his love- he could help "the cause" in your honor so that others might not have to go through what you have. I agree, I would be very hurt. For me it reallly wouldn't even be about the money, but about the thought and about our relationship. Please express yourself, so that you don't spend time with bottled up resentment that may cloud the way you really feel about your brother.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
Mary Jo

Hi Sherry,
First off let me say that I am thankful you decided to bring this issue to us by your post. You definitely needed to get this off your chest and I'm happy you choose to to that.

Now, let me say, how sorry I am that your brother decided to do this. It truly sounds unfair (although I know fairness isn't what you are speaking of) and I think that you definitely need to sit down and talk this through with your brother. If you don't it will be something that will "eat" at you for the rest of your days and will always be a source of some anger and bitterness you feel towards your brother.

Sending hugs and encouragement to you Sherry.

Love,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06