HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #21
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Thumbs down kat in the delta

Cathya,
What was your score on the MUGA.??? Do you know the range of numbers that apply to it?? I have had a rested gaited heart scan in the Nuclear Medical part of our hospital. I was injected with a dye, then lay down on a table where a machine came almost to my chest and scanned it. Do you think that was the same test YOU had?? I know the tech. who performed it, so I'll check with him this week. My Onc. doesn't tell me anything when I ask him a ?.
I thought I read somewhere(?) that Herceptin only helped a low percentage of HER2, anyway. It may have been somewhere with that Bayer Serum(?) study. The drug companies are coming up with more tests to see if the drug they have manufactured is helping people. I think this is what Should be done, anyway. I think I read where one part of the co. makes the new drug, and the other part tests to see if it is working and HOW Well it is working----Maybe, Joe can get me straight. I am interested in the drugs (sp?) Xeloda, car----, or the one(?) that is used instead of herceptin. and the new drug for Brain cancer.
I just got an MRI, and a was OK. waiting for my left breast mamogram, and demanded some tumor marker tests when I get my blood drawn in 2 wks. My cancer hasnt metastasized as far as I know... Who knows all the new trial drugs and new drugs for HER2 and Breast Cancer??
Also my 48 yr old cousin Robert had bladder cancer that has met. to his lungs, hips, and vertebrae. He starts his 1st chemo Mon.=RSVP out there-Kat in the Delta

Last edited by kat in the delta; 05-06-2006 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: misspelling
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote