HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2006, 04:35 AM   #1
Toril

Labatinib in Europe / outside the US?

I have been reading your postings about Labatinib with great interest. But when I mentioned it for my onc, I am not really sure if he knew what I was talking about!
Do anyone no what is going on in Europe? Anyone in a trial? Would be very interested to hear about it, as I think its so encouracing to read what is going on in the US - and of course: We want to be part of the progress!
Thanks
Toril
Toril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Unregistered

Exclamation website for clinical trials

Check out this website for any available / upcoming clinical trials worldwide:

www.clinicaltrials.gov
Old 03-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Lolly

Here are some links to information on Lapatinib/Tykerb trials and more info, from the GlaxoSmithKline web site:

About Tykerb Trials

Information about participating sites can be obtained by sending inquiries to the appropriate e-mail address below:

In North America, lapatinibtrials.northamerica@gsk.com

In Europe, lapatinibtrials.europe@gsk.com

In the rest of the world, lapatinibtrials.restoftheworld@gsk.com Information about this and other ongoing clinical trials of Tykerb in breast cancer can be obtained by visiting http://www.4BreastCancerTrials.com or calling 800-563-7137. Information is also available at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov, a Web site maintained by the USgovernment.

Link to GlaxoSmithKline web page about Lapatinib/Tykerb:
http://www.gsk.com/ControllerServlet...402&newsid=703

Last edited by Lolly; 03-31-2006 at 12:57 PM..
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:02 AM   #4
Toril

thanks a lot!! That was very informative. there seems to be at least some trials going on in Sweden and Denmark, using Lapatinib.

I am so happy for this web-site!!

Toril
Old 04-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
Shell

The lapatinib trial with xeloda was extensively in clinical trials throughout Europe. In fact, it was tougher to find one here in the US - I live in Phila, and it was not being conducted here, nor in New Jersey or Delaware, so I traveled out to mid-Pennsylvania for the clinical trial - and I'm glad I did!

Regards,
Shell
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
lisahammo

I have only just found out about Lapatinib. There is an article in our daily newspaper today, calling it the latest "wonder" drug after herceptin. I am seeing my onc on Monday, and will ask her about it. I think I know of one of her other patients on a trial with it. She has bone mets, and I think she did have lung mets, but they cleared up. This site is fantastic.

How are things going Toril? I had good news today. My platelet levels more than doubled in the last week, so I can continue my chemo next week. So a good day today, and it helps to lift the depression.

Take care.

Love LIsa
lisahammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
tricia keegan

Toril I live in Ireland and my onc has just completed running a clinical trial on this drug with great results.50% reduction in tumour growth with most patients.They actually stopped it early so the control group could benefit and feel certain they will have it available to anyone who needs it by Christmas.
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #8
Unregistered

New drug

Hi Tricia,
That's fantastic news. I live in England and wonder if it will be available here?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:10 AM   #9
Toril

Smile

Thanks everyone for your information on Labatinib. It will be very informative to know what you all learn personally, and hear from your oncs.
Lets be optimistic for the future!

Dear Lisa!
that is wonderful news! I hope you will have no problems with your port now, because as said before: It makes things so much easier. I will be exited to hear what your onc says abot Labatinib Monday.
Thanks for asking about me: I had my 2nd treatment of Taxoterre / herceptin one week ago, and the side-effects have been very tolerable. Have had some aching in my head, coming and going - it is worst in the morning as I get out from bed. Wednesday I had a MRI on my head, to be on the safe side. Hoping it turns out to be nothing. Looking forward to Easter, as the three of us going away on Holliday. It always makes me feel better to travel away from it all!

Love Toril
Old 04-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
tricia keegan

Hi I hav'nt heard anything about availability in the UK but would be amazed if there are no clinical trials etc going on there as here in Ireland.Maybe if you call the cancer society they would have some info on it for you.?
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote