HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #21
katcdale@yahoo.com

Location: Mississippi Delta, birthplace of the Blues, across the street from Super Chikan and down from Daddy Rich, with illiamWeejyRogers@myspace is(son),in a multicultural neighborhood ,flat for miles, with fields of cotton,soybeans, turning corn fields town, all musician come here, beside MS River,
katcdale@yahoo.com

Ginagce/ ANYONE RSVP__ASAP,
Why are you taking Armidex(?) with Herceptin? My breast cancer was "slightly" positive--estrogen, negative Proget. and HER2 Positive. Now, I am only taking Herceptin every 3 wks.
My sister had breast cancer 5 yrs. ago, and her ONC.put her on one of the newer pills. She felt achy , so he switched her to Aromason(sp?). { My sister did NOT have a "+"her2}
I am going to the foreign ONC in an hour or so. WHAT TESTS can be run on my BLOOD to see if the cancer has returned?? My ribs and my bones are achy. ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ??? Sandywc, Susan2, Marily(thanks for the info on Chi Gong), Lucky 4x, RhondaH, Lolly ???
THANKS for being here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kat in the MS Delta

Last edited by katcdale@yahoo.com; 03-20-2006 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: left out info.
katcdale@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #22
katcdale@yahoo.com

Location: Mississippi Delta, birthplace of the Blues, across the street from Super Chikan and down from Daddy Rich, with illiamWeejyRogers@myspace is(son),in a multicultural neighborhood ,flat for miles, with fields of cotton,soybeans, turning corn fields town, all musician come here, beside MS River,
Esther,

What does NED stand for ? my chemo. brain forgot??
Kat in Delta
Old 03-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #23
Lolly

Kat, NED stands for No Evidence of Disease
I'm er/pr- so am no expert on hormonals like Aromasin or Arimidex, but ask the onc if,since your're weakly positive, anti-hormone therapy is an option for you?

Some onc's run what's called tumor markers; when I was done with treatment for primary disease, my onc ran those every 6 months when I would see him for my follow-ups. I was scheduled to have follow-ups for a year, then once yearly but I recurred before then.

Any time you have aches and pains that you think are alarming, you should report them, then your onc will determine when to do scans if the aches continue. Some, especially if you're not to far out from ending treatment, take a "wait and see" approach as the residual effects from chemo and rads take some time to resolve. Also, Herceptin can cause some aches. But report what's going on, and I also keep a personal diary where I note symptoms down, that way if something continues for more than two weeks I can point that out, as oncs like to wait at least 2 weeks before ordering scans.

Hope this helps, good luck with your appointment today!

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #24
katcdale@yahoo.com

Lolly

THANKS FOR THE INFO---GOTTA RUN---kAT IN THE delta
Old 03-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #25
lucky4x

Smile Thanks for the info Sheila!

Hi Sheila,

Well, it seems you have answered every question I was going to ask my
Onc on Thurs.
I have had very watery eyes, very sensitive to the sun, and my skin is all cracked and sometimes even bleeding around my fingertips. I thought it was from a lousy manicurist that I went to in Feb! LOL.

My nails are taking a beating this time.. very soft. I just cut them all off.. right down to the skin.

No cramps, but I do get headaches usually a real severe one about 2 days post treatment.

Thats okay though.... I am so happy to be on Herceptin... these things are MINOR.. in the big scheme of things ( like you said).

I love reading all these postive posts! Two and a half years is wonderful.

I have more hope with each passing day.

Lucky
lucky4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #26
lucky4x

Hi Sheila,

Well, it seems you have answered every question I was going to ask my
Onc on Thurs.
I have had very watery eyes, very sensitive to the sun, and my skin is all cracked and sometimes even bleeding around my fingertips. I thought it was from a lousy manicurist that I went to in Feb! LOL.

My nails are taking a beating this time.. very soft. I just cut them all off.. right down to the skin.

No cramps, but I do get headaches usually a real severe one about 2 days post treatment.

Thats okay though.... I am so happy to be on Herceptin... these things are MINOR.. in the big scheme of things ( like you said).
lucky4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #27
TriciaK

Dear Lucky, You have had such wonderful responses I really don't have anything to add, except welcome to the website! Let us all know how your next oncologist visit goes. This is the place where you can share anything and ask anything---a wonderul group of caring people who can really relate to all you are going through. Best wishes and hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote