HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
Unregistered

Aches from Herceptin?

Anyone have achy joints following Herceptin infusions? If so how long does this last? I am finishing up adjuvant Herceptin soon so will these aches decrease in nature within time?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
Maggie

Hi,
I just had my 6th herceptin treatment this afternoon. I haven't had any aches and pains from it at all.
I did have the crusty, runny nose, the first few times, but now it's not too bad at all... Still, just a tiny bit runny and just a little crusty. I've been using the Ayr gel to keep things inside, soft.

I hope you can get help for your pain and a reason for it.

Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
Unregistered

Thanks Maggie for your response. I wonder if the aches are due to just being up tight lately about Herceptin infusions rather than from Herceptin itself.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Susan2

Hi,

I have been taking Navelbine and Herceptin for 5 months with consistent leg and joint pains. I had read several other posts regarding Herceptin pain, so I asked my dr about it. She said it was probably the Navelbine, but we wouldn't know for sure until I stopped the Navelbine and just did the Herceptin.

Someone on an earlier post had recommended Glucosamine for joint pains. I have started that and it has cut way back on my pain. You may want to give it a try.

Good luck.
Susan
Susan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
Yorkiegirl

I have been taking Herceptin by it's self for the last 6 months and I do have the aches and pains and it is from the Herceptin. As for how long it lasts mine has continued, I have weekly treatments, but I do have pain medication for it.
I had also called Geneatech about it as well, and it seems some 7-10% of people have the pains.
My treatment will be done the 1st of September.

Vicki
Yorkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Maggie

Cool

I think I'd better change my reply about pain. I said on Wednesday that I had my 6th herceptin that day and had no pain, but I have had pain since last night in my knees when I go up the stairs. I guess it could be from Herceptin. I guess I'll know more after my next one. I'm wishfully thinking, perhaps the aches (while doing steps) will go away.. Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote