HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
Unregistered

Anyone borderline estrogen +?

I am her2 + and borderline estrogen + (11%). I am premenopausal and 36. I am trying to do research and decide if tamoxifen is right for me. I have weekly herceptin infusions. I am just wondering if anyone has a borderline estrogen value like me and what their doctor may be recommending. Thanks to all! (Sorry-didn't have time to register.) (oh, and progesterone is negative.)

Denise from Ohio
Old 01-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Rozebud

I'm not technically borderline, but it feels like it! I'm er- and only 23% pr+. I'm doing zoladex shots and tamoxifen (was not menopausal when I took herceptin so couldn't do AIs).

Dx'd 1/04 at 33, while 33 weeks pregnant

Dx: Stage IIIC IDC, ER-, PR+ (23%), Her2=2.7 (IDC)/7.6 (FSH), 2.5cm primary tumor, grade III, 11/18+ nodes (largest 3.8 cm)

Treatment: A/C *4, T *4, 1 year of herceptin (BCIRG 006), mastectomy, rads (7 weeks), zoladex (5 years) with tamoxifen (2 years)/aromisin (3 years), bilateral SGAP summer 05 at NOLA

Oops, retested tumor and I guess I'm er/pr- after all.
Stopped all hormonal tx 10/07. Periods resumed 6/08. Bye bye hot flashes!!!!

http://www.edrie.com/kopecky
*~VISIT OUR FAMILY!~*
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
gringosland@hotmail.com

I am 5% ER+ and PR-

Of the 3 opinions I received, ALL concluded that Tamoxifen would provide some good, although no one knows how much because of the "borderline". I'm on Tamoxifen for my miniscule 5% ER+
We figured, 5% is more than zero and worth the added miniscule benefit. I am in menopause due to the chemo... I am 43 yrs old and diagnosed in July 2004. Stage 1 and negative nodes. Did chemo and radiation.
From what I have read, borderliners like us can take Tamoxifen with some added benefit. I would much rather have all the ammo I can get. I am also on Herceptin since July '05 ( I started Herceptin after chemo).
I plan to have the ovaries out because I have learned that Tamoxifen combined with the Herceptin lessens the efficacy of the Herceptin. I will then get Arimidex. If I were not on Herceptin I would stay on the Tamoxifen.
Decisions, decisions...

Maria
Old 01-20-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
DeborahNC

Am 3+, weakly ER+, PR-. With my first go in 2003 comedo DCIS had lumpectomy and 33 rads, ER+. Refused Tamoxifen based on gut feeling, premenopausal. With this recur my my onc said that even had I taken the Tamoxifen it would not have prevented it. Onc has rec. an AI after chemo.
DeborahNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
Unregistered

this is such a confusing subject because I was told that tamoxifen was not a good thing for me. I am 5% er+ and pr-, 35, 7mm tumor, 4cm dcis. Wish there was a definitive answer for us.