HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
Unregistered

Question OMEGA THREE MICE LIVE ! (but not primrose oil group)

Mice are not the same as people, and cancer type is not specified,

BUT taken with all of the other studies it is VERY thought provoking, and could probabaly be described as at least a handful of straw in the wind.

*****Note the result did not extend to primrose oil *****(of which GLA is only a part) possibly beacuse of the omega six content - as I have previously said I think it is complex corn, safflower, and evening primrose are all high in omega six 55%, 75%, 72% respectively, which for me is the real baddy in all of this (over the minimal amount we need) (check the labels.... eg today saw bean salad in olive oil - yum treat - I checked the label and it contained sunflower - these oils and derivatives are every where - hydrogenated fats chocolate....)

http://store.yahoo.com/annieapplesee...altusflax.html

Thanks mice.

BUT why can't these trails not be run in sufferers and "healthy" women comparing know dietary groups with high omega groups in sufficient numbers using gene assay cancer markers etc to give more definative answers.

RB
Old 12-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
Unregistered

Correction Wrong Link

I had so many links open I got a little lost. I cannot refind the link but saved the content. I will repost the link when I refind it.

Sorry!

ABSTRACT annieappleseed site

" From a book entitled "The 20-Day Rejuvenation Diet Program", Jeffrey S. Bland, PhD. with Sara H. Benum, M.A. Keats Publishing, 1997, page 163.

Research was conducted on mice that were developed to have a genetic tendency to develop breast cancer. All but the control group were exposed to a known cancer-causing substance. The mice were placed on diets that "were equal in all respects except for the fat source". Some got corn oil or safflower oil, flax seed, fish oil or evening primrose oil. Each of the oils contain different fatty acids. (NOTE: A study on dietary fat is being conducted by The American Health Institute, called WIN-women in nutrition trial. They already know that type of fat is important, although I do not believe they are actually looking directly at that).

6 groups of 50 mice each were involved. This was a masked study meaning the researchers did not know which group was which. At the end of 40 weeks, all the animals in four of the coded groups had died. In the remaining two groups, one mouse had died in one and two in the other.

When the "code" was broken the living mice were found to have been fed either flax seed oil or fish oil.

Both flaxseed oil and fish oil contain alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) and eicosapentaenoic acie (EPA) which are omega-3 fatty acids. Although not specifically mentioned in this article, fish oil also contains DHA.

Do not use these oils for cooking, as they should not be heated.

Dr. Joanna Budwig of Germany many years ago proposed that a diet which began each day with flaxseed oil and (low fat/low salt) cottage cheese, quark or yogurt could help fight and prevent cancer. The flaxseed oil provides the above mentioned ingredients plus more, while the cheese product provides sulphur. Together they create a powerful substance that Dr. Budwig thinks will matter.

Remember to look for organic sources for products used."
Old 12-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
Unregistered

Link re above

It did not take as long as I expected to refind.

Here is the link

http://store.yahoo.com/annieapplesee...etaryfats.html

Thanks for your patience.

RB