HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
Lori

Red face Supplements...peace of mind?

I was looking for some opinions on the supplements that I am currently taking. I know that some of you are well researched on this topic and I value your opinions. I second guess myself often and am trying to find peace with this disease. Faith in My Heavenly Father has helped tremendously with that peace, but every once in a while I get in a panic. Like now.....
I was diagnosed 2/05 stage 3 er+pr+her2+++ at the age of 31. I am in the middle of radiation tx. I did AC then taxol/herceptin. Now I do herceptin every 3 weeks until May (I am interested to see what Michelle does as to if she goes for more that a year of herceptin). I take CoQ10, a multi vit, spirulina, green tea, and turmeric. I am thinking about taking Dr. Weil's immune support formula with Astragalus root and proprietary mushrooms. After rads. I am to start tamoxifen (thinking about getting ovaries removed this summer for AIs instead of tamox).
Thank you all for your support. This site and its members are priceless.

Lori
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
athena453

Hi Lori-

This is an interesting topic. I will preface what I tell you with my also adding that I discuss everything I take in with my onc.

I take a multi-vitamin, flax seed oil, and currently vitamin B-6 since I am on taxotere. (Also glutamine.) I attempt to follow the diet recommended by Diana Dyer and cancernutritioninfo.com. I have considered taking COQ10. In addition to the soy, green tea, flax, bran and vegetables recommended in the Dyer diet, I eat at least 2 TBSP of olive oil per day. I will admit that I do eat more lean meat protein than Dyer does, but I am anemic from the chemo and exhausted at this point.

I would like to try more curcumin in my diet.

I have been able to stay active during chemo, still walking 4-5 miles per day, though I take a week off for chemo now. I was dx this May at age 27, stage 3C. ER/PR-.
athena453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
michele u

I started to take curcurmin tablets. They cause alot of gassiness (Hee Hee) But i started on Olive lead also, so don't which one is the culprit. I heard the curcurmin is good to help recurrence. I'm going to see another onc Nov 17 so i will let everyone know what i decide on the 2nd year of Herceptin. There sure are alot of stage 3 gals coming on line?!
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote