HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-28-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
Rhonda4

Question I have a question

I will be having my 3rd (every 3 week) dose of Herceptin alone. After my first infusion I became dizzy/lightheaded a week after the infusion and it lasted until the 2nd infusion. I mentioned it to my oncologist at my second infusion and he said everything on my bloodworklooked normal, but that my blood pressure was low (106/40), my nurse ran a COMPLETE blood count and said everything was fine but, mentioned that she had never given the 3 week infusion and that I might want to try a 2 week one if the side effects were rough. I have my 3rd infusion tomorrow and since my 2nd infusion I have had periodic episodes where I will be at work (I'm an underwriter so other than arguing w/ agents, I have a minimal stress job) I get a feeling in the middle of my chest where someone has reached in and grabbed my breath (lasts a split second and won't happen for another day or 2). I'm also still lightheaded/fuzzy (dizzy wouldn't be accurate, but I feel like my head is floating). I know when I walk on my treadmill (I do 2 mi per day) when I begin my heart rate is 82, then at 1/2 a mile it is 135, then at 1 mile 78, 1 1/2 mi 120 and at 2 mi 81. I'm so nervous that my EF is dropping/dropped and that my onc will stop Herceptin. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you.

Rhonda
Old 09-28-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
peggy

Smile

Rhonda,

I am on a weekly Herceptin with Taxotere and xeloda, so my experience may not apply, but I also experience the dizziness and feeling like my head is floating. It is transient and am still working full time (college teaching so minimal stress). I also sometimes feel like my heart just kind of stops, then kickstarts. However, my ejection fraction has actually improve over the last four months of treatment from 55% to 75% and all bloodwork is good except I am constantly fighting anemia and take a shot every two weeks for that. So, I wouldn't panic on the symptoms. Your ONC will surely followup your symptoms with tests and then make recommendations. Good Luck!

Peggy
Old 09-29-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
carlotta

Rhonda,

I know that feeling of your breath being taken away. It only happened once but it scared the hell out of me. I have just completed my 6th heceptin treatment and I have weird vague symptoms also. For example my mouth was sensitive (burning) to salt or anything alcoholic and the corner of my mouth cracked. (My alcohol consumption is very very moderate as in very occasional wine with dinner.) I am also experiencing spasms in my hands and feet. Since herceptin is such a new treatment for BC no one seems to know about these little annoying reactions.

My MUGA scans have been good - steadily increasing ejection fractions.

I was Stage 1, Grade2,and node negative at diagnosis. I opted for mastectomy with reconstruction and all went well. I also had chemo AC and Taxol. I am 9 months post chemo and started herceptin 6 months post chemo.
carlotta is offline   Reply With Quote