HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
Christine MH

Hi Christine Adams,

I got it from a web source that Joe mentioned a few weeks ago (somebody named Sheila had recommended).
HER-2 Overexpression, PR Negativity, and High Ki-67 Expression Predict Poor Response in Node-Positive Breast Cancer Patients
- A report on data presented at the conference
Retrospective analysis of the randomized, multicenter, phase 3 PACS 01 trial

The key points were that HER-2 overexpression, Progesterone receptor (PR) negativity, and high proliferation (Ki-67) were associated with a poor prognosis for patients receiving 6*FEC100, but "HER-2-positive status not a factor in poor prognosis for FEC100/docetaxel arm . HER-2 status may be useful predictor of benefit from sequential anthracycline/taxane chemotherapy"

I just also wanted to bring people's attention to the lack of statistically significant benefit for ER+ cancers, since that may be relevant when people make their decisions. People who are ER+ and got an anthracycline and a taxane may not get much of a benefit, but people who are ER- and got an anthracycline alone should definitely go for it if they can. I figure that being ER-,PR- it makes sense for me, despite having gotten a taxane because the options in case of a recurrence are so unattractive.