HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
Alice Vienna

Hi!

I posted a while back after turning Stage IV with liver mets.
I undergone partial liverresection last week and got home yesterday.

Actually everything went really well - they could remove all the mets, I didn´t need to be given blood and such.... but there´s the problem of pain!

Of course, the cut was big and hurts so shortly after surg, also the muscles are sore - but what I don´t get is, that I cannot eat without being totally in pain and flying with gas.... (not a nice subject but, well, I am in PAIN because there´s so much gas in my abdomen!) - and my right shoulder hurts....

My friend said it sounded like when she had stones in her gallbladder - but mine has been removed last week when they took out the mets + I never had stones in my gall bladder or problems with food-intake....

Will see my surgeon Wed. and ask him about it - until then: anyone else had similar problems?
Any advice?

I need to recover soon as Chemo (prob. Xeloda) is going to start soon!

lg
Alice, Vienna
Old 04-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
judiek

Alice,

When I had my hysterectomy they inserted gas into me through the belly button...did they do this to you? (laproscopic) This gas can settle in your shoulder area...that's what happened to me...it's very painful!! Everytime I would move I felt like I was being stabbed...is this what your feeling? My lasted about 4 days...improving everyday.

I'm happy to hear the surgery went well and I wish you all the best...hoping the mets are now gone for good...take care

warmly,

judiek
Old 04-19-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
Alice Vienna

dear judiek,

thanks for your post but no that is not what i meant - my surg wasn´t laparoscopic.
It gas in my bowels that makes me suffer....

Just talked to a surgeon on phone and he said that it is probably a reaction to having taken out a "healthy" gall bladder.... and that it could last a while until I could normally eat again.
*ooohaaa*

well, i find a way...

alice
Old 04-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
Esther

Alice, it's good that you were able to have a liver re-section done.

When I was first diagnosed with mets in feb 04, I asked about that, but they said my liver was so covered with tumors, that there wouldn't be anything left if they took all the diseased parts out!

Oh well....I have done very well on my chemo schedule of Navelbine/Xeloda/Herceptin. Bone mets are gone, and liver is fully functioning.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Esther
Old 04-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
Irene from Tampa, Florida

Hi Alice in Vienna -

Wow isn't this something that we can be speaking and so many miles apart.

Good to hear that you are doing nicely from your liver surgery.

I just wanted to let you know that I had my liver resected (they cut off half of the liver) last July/2004 and I just had an MRI and the liver has already grown back. It is a wonderful organ is it not.

Good luck to you Alice

Irene