HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-21-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
lindaw

Hi Pauline
i have not been able to relpy to your email cause my server has quarantined it and it seems impossible to unquarantine. I am working on it.Will reply when I can read it and thanks.
love
Linda
Old 04-21-2005, 03:39 AM   #2
pauline

Hi Linda

Sorry you can't open the email-how weird.

I think what I wrote was mostly what I had posted here on the board to you earlier.

One thing to add. I went to the Oncology Clinic at the Mount today and asked the nurses there about weekly Taxotere. One of them had recently been to a conference where it had been discussed as a very recent development in treatment. So there must be some information out there.

I'm seeing my oncologist in 3 weeks so I'll ask her about it- if anyone knows, she will.

How are you feeling?

Onward and upward!

Cheers
Pauline
Old 04-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
lindaw

Thanks Pauline
I am feeling ok. I had the carboplatin yesterday and I just feel a little nauseas but the drugs seem to be helping that. I t was a long day cause of some confusion as to whether I was having dex...... or not. I didn't ( cause of the osteonecrosis) . I won't be having the taxotere probably cause of this and will try herseptin/carbo and my onc is looking into getting miltex.
How are you? I am still endevouring to unblock your email - don't know why they don't like you!
love
linda
Old 04-21-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
Velva

Linda, I am sorry you are feeling bad after you tx. I am curious about your onc not giving you steroids before the Carboplatin (my onc has insisted on it to prevent allergic reaction). I haven't had osteonecrosis, but less severe side effects from steroids. Would prefer not to take them & your onc must think thier unnecessary befoe Carboplatin. Hope you feel better soon. V