HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2004, 01:05 AM   #1
arati oberoi

friday was my big day. just as the cancer hospital, Tata Memorial was closing for the weekend, i rcd an urgent call as my test results were all ready and randomization on the clinical trial was to be done. (results hv shown a metastasis in the spine and the liver and fluid in the lung). the verdict: a herceptin shot plus arimidex orally. it had to be administered imm and after it i got rigor and fever. the rigor settled down in abit and the fever took a couple of days(does that happen to most people? i had it with the zometa shot the week before too). the best part was that i was able to fly back and join the family. tomorrow i fly back to bombay for the next shot. they tell me that chemo will be given seaprately later.. and i suppose stretch the process.. they say this wd hv bn done whether i was on the trial or not.. next bit of monitoring in the ninth week of herceptin shots.. cross fingers.. love and parayers..arati
Old 02-26-2004, 02:57 AM   #2
Kitty

The first time someone receives Herceptin can cause fever and chills, especially if you are given a "boost" dosage (which is higher than what you will normally receive). I experienced this the first time only and receive weekly herceptin plus chemo. I have no problems with it. Good luck.
Kitty
Old 02-27-2004, 03:19 AM   #3
Lolly

Arati,
It's very exciting to hear you're in the trial! I had a reaction to my first Herceptin also, fevers and pain but I was also receiving a chemotherapy, Navelbine, so some of the reaction was due to the chemo. I am wondering how long the shot takes, as that can sometimes have an effect on side effects. A slower infusion is easier on the patient. My infusion takes 1 & 1/2 hours.
Will be keeping fingers crossed for you!

Hugs,
Lolly
Old 02-28-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
arati

hi lolly and kitty
just had my second shot and yes it was a lower dosage and there was none of the fever and chills.. quite smooth actually except for pain in the chest readon.. thanks for the prayers.. it seems to hv worked.. love arati