HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
Jackie

I have 1 small mets on 1 side of head (I think cerebellum) and a cloudy area on the other side which could be obscuring 1 or 2 mets. I forgot to ask for the size, but I believe that they are small. No symptoms. I was all set to push for Cyber until I consulted with the 2 Gamma drs here. I liked them both very much and am also swayed about not having to make a long trip to receive treatment, which I would have to do for Cyber. Per others on this site, you are right about Cyber being a little more comfortable. One important question is how many procedures they conduct annually. The neuro sd that attaching the halo for Gamma does hurt but only for about 5 min. He sd I cd ask for sedation if I wanted (which I do) tho they won't knock you out. The attachments are lots smaller than I had envisioned....about the size of the end of a pen. Regarding your sister, if she's already had WBR and will follow with the stereostactical radiosurgery to "boost" it, she should receive the maximum positive results, which has to be comforting. I'd be happy to answer any other questions....sometimes I don't ck this website for a couple of days, tho, so keep cking back or feel free to email me directly at jakesearch526@aol.com.
Best of luck to your sister!
Jackie