HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2004, 04:13 AM   #1
beatrice

Hi, I am 34 ys old nad have just been found brain mets. 3 on the whole, visible at least. I have been on herceptin+vinorelbine since last Sept.
Some docs say I should opt for WBR+sterotax., other say cyberknife would be better. Any info. or personal experience, with pros 6 cos. will be appreciated. Please help me. I am scared.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:50 AM   #2
celina

Beatrice,
Understandably, you are frightened. My heart goes out to you. But there are still options for you. Stay positive!! My sister, too, has brain mets...although it sounds like you have few, while my sister was told that she had "many small clusters". In any event, she has completed WBR 6 wks ago. We are waiting to see if WBR did the trick. The procedure was very hard on her, although I've read that it is not always the case. She was very, very tired...sleeping almost all the time...very weak. But, she's getting stronger every day. She has started some chemo (Taxol and Herceptin). We will ask for another MRI. Apparently, if there are some persistent tumors, they can possibly be treated with Stereotactic Radio Surgery. Because you have only a few tumors, you may want to consider Cyberknife or Gammaknife alone. If you go back and read some of the entries on this site, there are several discussions about these procedures...SRS alone or followed by WBR.
Please stay positve...you WILL pull through this.
Celina
Old 06-07-2004, 08:44 AM   #3
SueF2

Me, too. My symptom is dizziness, so I can't work or drive. So frustrating. Was in hospital for over 2 weeks, so no muscles. Not nice.

I had WBR but I'm asking onc tomorrow about CyberKnife (somewhere). I want something to get rid of the dizziness, which is the result of a tumor on the cerebellum (I was told).

Let me know what you decide!

Sue