HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2004, 05:48 AM   #1
Ron

Celina,

Yes, the doc did discuss the possibility of SRS after WBR. The WBR is a one-time-shot, about the only thing then is some type of spot procedure whether it is CK or GK is determined by the machines available in your area. The doc indicated though that if a lesions return, it is generally only one to four and not the numerous lesions that often appear with the onset condition.

I hope your sister continues to improve rapidly and the recovery is complete in every way. I wonder though, I have noted that there appears to be considerable dispersion in the number of treatments involved in WBR. The five sessions you mention for your sister seems to be the lowest number I have heard of. Most of the other references mention between ten and thirty. I wonder what determines the number of treatments and if the total Rads are the same or do the totals vary widely between patients?

We, like most others have many more questions than answers. I do appreciate all the positive comments given through this board.

Thanks Again,
ron