HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2004, 04:16 AM   #1
Ron

Celina,

First, I pray that your sister is doing well with her fight!

Cyndi is fortunate to have discovered her mets early. This is in no small part thanks to this board. So many here have advised everyone to have frequent cranial MRIs. When I first suggested this to the onc. he said they were not needed except when symptoms appear! I pretty much insisted and even had Cyndi “LIE� about a headache. Now, even though this is bad news, we are happy for early detection. The treatment you describe is probably the “standard� MRI then Cyber / Gamma as needed. This may be the way we end up too. It is just better to know that other regimens do exist and should be available and examined.

Thanks Again,
God Bless You,
ron
Old 08-18-2004, 12:50 AM   #2
Lolly

Dear Celina, you didn't make a mistake reading the report, even though it was hard. The doctors have to make objective assesments based on the medical facts, which don't take into account spirit and will. These are the hidden weapons we all possess, and are what's responsible for the mind-body connection that is beginning to be taken more seriously by conventional medicine. You're sister has the chance to make a good recovery, especially with you and the rest of her family giving her all-important support and advocacy. Continue to fight for her, never give up hope!
Love, Lolly