HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
Paula O

Re: The Gerson Therapy

Jen,

It was great to get the Facebook update and hear that Stephanie had a nice chat on the phone with your Mom! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

I don't know if this is of interest to you and Sheila or not, but since you inquired about Gerson, here's a link you guys might want to consider if you are still taking a look at other alternative medicine cancer therapies as a possible option:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cancerworld...aunch-day.html
Thursday, October 31st at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT -
Kris Carr and Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez.

Friday, November 1st at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT -
Dr. Francisco Contreras and Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy.

Saturday, November 2nd at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT -
Dr. Keith Scott Mumby and Nick Ortner.

Sunday, November 3rd at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT -
Mike Adams and Chris Wark.

Monday, November 4th at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT -
Howard Strauss and Jess Ainscough.

I am sharing this here for you and others to take or leave as each one feels is best for themselves. My guess is that the majority of folks trying alternative medicine have already tried conventional medicine first. I know there are BOTH positive and negative reports on all these folks and their treatments, just a few clicks away and shows like "Prime Time Live" and others have covered this topic many times over. If you are still considering alternative therapy, you might want to check the library for "Outsmart your cancer" and a title something like (but I do't think I'm saying it exactly right) "Cancer treatment outside the box". You can see parts of the movie "Healing Cancer From the Inside Out"free online. It's an overview of many alt therapies and grim statistics on conventional cancer treatment. If you like the looks of the trailer I would be willing to loan you my copy if you want to see it, just PM me.

Please understand that I am not reccomending any of these courses of treatment to anyone but do believe we each have the right to research different options and decide what is the wisest choice for ourselves, ***no matter what anyone else might think.*** You've shared that Sheila's oncologist has nothing left to offer and she is on Hospice. Perhaps there will be something helpful you guys or somebody here can use, perhaps not but it's there if anyone wants to take a look at it.

The Gerson Therapy was extremely intense and did not work for me when I tried it before conventional therapy. Sheph posted the link about this past discussion Although I felt like a million bucks after detoxing, I was monitoring with an ultrasound and the cancer was growing so I stopped and went to my Plan B which is most people's Plan A: a mastectomy, chemo, radiation, Herceptin, and Tamoxifen. I did personally speak to other patients with breast and other types of cancer who THRIVED on Gerson Therapy and I've also spoken to others on the phone, in person, and by email who tried different alternative cancer medicine therapies which were successful , more since the writing of that post in the link. I see no reason for them to lie to me about how well they were doing--they certainly had nothing to prove to me. I spoke to folks who said they had repeat biopsies and scans confirming their NED or stable status after using alternative medicine and I'm thrilled for them--wish I had those results too but am thankful that conventional medicine seems to be working well for me thusfar.
A close friend of mine had surgery for ovarian cancer but decided against chemo and is doing Gerson Therapy instead. She is doing fantastic a couple years post diagnosis to the amazement of her oncologist who monitors her tumor markers regularly--she's had a couple negative scans since too. I never did talk to anyone doing it who was Her2 positive however. I've spoken with family members whose loved ones with cancer did NOT survive despite treatment (both conventional and alternative). Some had an improvement in their quality of life in their remaining time, some did not. My opinion is that both conventional and alternative cancer treatments have success stories and poor outcomes...including the patients who do every last thing available to try with both approaches. It seems that cancer kills a lot of people no matter what they do or don't do. Nobody wants to go down any futile, expensive roads that don't work. How I wish we could discover the root causes of cancer and address those and find a real cure that would work for everybody!

Here is one more resource that you might find helpful as you sift through options: http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/. I do not know her other than a few email contacts but Annie is very helpful, is involved with Project Lead and the NBCC, is interested in evidence based research, and can be contacted directly via that website if Sheila wants to share her situation with her and get her input/opinion.

I wish you guys the very best,

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote