HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
hermiracles

Stage 4 Travel? Once in a lifetime opportunity...

Hello friends - I'm asking some advice about travelling internationally now that I am Stage 4.

I really want to travel to Canada (from Australia) in July but now that I am Stage 4 my Oncologist said flat out no! End of conversation - he said the insurance is too difficult to get. I haven't checked that out but I presume it costs thousands of dollars which we dont have.

We have some travel points from when we got the loan on our house - but it would probably cost us an extra $5000 to get to Canada anyway.

The reason I want to go is a bit complicated but I'll try and summarise. I am coming up to 20 years sober in June - recently we had a National Indigenous Convention which is part of my life's work and I was able to organise for 2 people from Canada to come to our Convention. Then I wasnt able to go or meet up with our visitors because I was suddenly in hospital with a broken hip due to new mets to my bone.

Anyways they have invited me to their convention to be a guest speaker - I have wanted to visit since when I first got sober - now I have a chance and a reason to go - but my Onc is saying no So if I did go it would be without insurance.

If anything happened (like I broke another bone and ended up in hospital) it could be a disaster - Canada doesnt have the same reciprocal health/travel arrangements that say England does with Australia. And that could mean I would leave a burden of maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars for my family to pay. I would hate to do that to my bubbas when we still have another 5-7 years to pay off our mortgage. The main thing on my mind is making sure they still have a roof over their heads - even if I'm not around.

I so much want to go - it's like unfinished business - its a Spiritual connection - but I dont want to do anything to hurt my bubbas either. Any advice or sugestions would be most welcome. I'm seeing my Onc again on Wednesday and will discuss with him one more time.

Thanks so much for being here friends.
Blessings always
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
Jackie07

Perhaps you can send them a videotape of yourself. I seem to have seen that sort of thing in some conventions (like Oscar?)

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
R.B.

Hi

Hermiracles

Could they organise a video link so you could both participate and speak ?

A quality video camera is not so much these days.

Have you looked at the Greek diet thread and DHA. "Got sober" you said in your post, I was not sure what you meant, but ensuring adequate long chain fat intake is very important for those with liver function issues etc.
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Barbara H.

An idea

I would contact the Canadian Consulate. I can't believe that they could not provide a reasonable travel insurance for you. Even if you broke a bone, you could still travel. I am stage 4 and travel through Canada all the time. I live in Massachusetts and it is faster for me to drive through Canada to see my family in Michigan than to take the lower route.
I hope you can work something out.
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Mary Anne in TX

I don't have a clue about how to make it work, but I'm gonna pray like crazy that a miracle happens for you. WOW! So many sober years....you deserve that trip! I don't know how, but I'm praying for ya!!!!! ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
tricia keegan

I can't help with the travel insurance question but thought I saw some English people treated for free in Michael Moore's film "sicko"??? Maybe I got it wrong but I thought they'd treat anyone there that falls ill regardless of nationality? I know here in Ireland they do. I really hope you get to go..you deserve it and congrats anyway!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
hutchibk

These link should have some very helpful info for you!

http://www.bcna.org.au/content/view/643/1296/
http://www.bcna.org.au/content/view/645/1297/

And you might find these helpful, too!

http://www.australiatravelinsurance....eproviders.htm

http://www.bcna.org.au/content/view/641/1/

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."

Last edited by hutchibk; 03-23-2008 at 05:32 PM..
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
BonnieR

"That could be a very grueling trip even in the best of health", says my husband the airline pilot!
I, too, thought of sending a tape of your presentation. Or even arranging a live hookup. That way you could share your message without compromising your health or finances
I share your joy in sobriety. I celebrate 23 years this month. I know when we are tested like this the Serenity Prayer comes in handy!
Keep the faith, Bonnie

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
TSund

Maybe I am totally unreasonable, but I say GO if you can find a way. You deserve to have your dream of going come true. I hope that it can happen.

Congrats on your 20th anniversary!

TRS
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
hutchibk

I say GO as well... climb every mountain, follow every dream! It sounds as though your cancer is currently stable, (or is it in remission?) - how do you feel? If you are feeling pretty healthy and pretty good... then I would do it.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #11
Merridith

I am Canadian.

I think that if you were prepared to pay for setting a bone break, it wouldn't be too bad in terms of cost. Canadians have socialized medicine here.

There are other risks of course - like car accidents etc.

My Mom travels to Australia all the time with no insurance because she does have very extensive medical problems - but because we have many relatives there she wants to visit.

When she gets sick, (which she does) we have to pay the hospital.

Why don't you find out how much it would cost to spend say a week in the hospital to stablize you from an imaginary accident PLUS the cost to set a limb? Other scenarios such as being in a car accident are much less likely.

You also might have some insurance if you have a gold visa credit card and buy the ticket with it.

If you are stable, I think that you should take the chance.

Merridith

PS: It costs about $1500 tax incl round trip to fly Sydney to Vancouver. I travel this route quite often.
Merridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #12
lilyecuadorian

Ithink if your dream is to go Canada GO ....( I know is only one of your dream....
The main thing on my mind is making sure they still have a roof over their heads -
I think only 5 or 7 years left is not that much ...( I have 23 years left and that is a lot )
and this quote ("even if I'm not around." ) I'm just dont like to read that ...Hermiracles you be around for sure ...we be around ...yours BUBBAS need you to be around ....I always told my husband that I need to be around because My son Max need to have his advocate and defender around ..to take him out of troubles ....
just find the way to came to Canada ...AMERICA ....
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
Merridith

I saw Michael Moore's Sicko too. The info on Canada was massaged for movie drama.

The people being treated were being treated using questionably acquired Canadian medical cards.....unless you have "connections" you aren't going to be able to duplicate this.
Merridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #14
IRENE FROM TAMPA

Smile I Say Go For It

Hermiracles ..

I certainly am not qualified to say go or not but I see it this way..

You are stage 4 but how do you feel. Are you strong enough to make the long trip. Are you at great risk for infections while traveling.

I am stage 4 and two years ago we planned a trip to Italy for a month. The trip of my dreams. At the same time I had progression and had just started on the Tykerb/Xeloda trial. Not knowing how I would react to this combo and being in a country I knew nothing about as far as hospitals, we still decided to go for it. My trial co-ordinator was so worried about me. She later told me that she was amazed that "you grabbed your drugs and took off" ....haha

I was not feeling the greatest when we left but once we arrived and I saw that beautiful countryside - I felt great. Of course I was very careful while there. We had a wonderful time and I will always have those memories.

I certainly would not want to steer you the wrong way not really knowing your situation - but check out your medical options in case something were to happen while traveling and if you decide to take the trip - have the time of your life...after all, isn't that what this fight is all about...to live..

If it turns out that you can not make the trip...maybe you can turn to one of the other options the ladies suggested and still be there in your heart.

Good luck Hermiracles..let us know what you decide.
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
hermiracles

Thanks friends!

For all your great feedback, info and support!
I had a chat with my hubby today - I said "I still want to go to Canada" He said "Yes"! He doesn't seem particularly concerned about the lack of insurance!?

The thing is I feel reasonably well in myself - just the usual side-effects of chemo - mainly exhaustion and some nausea. It's just with the Onc saying no - as I will be half way through my Herceptin treatment - so would have to go for 7 days between 3wkly treatments - hopefully I wont be on any actual chemo at that time.

I will check out all of the things you have suggested. You folks are so great. I appreciate very much each and every response.

And Lily - of course we will be around! You are so right! Sorry I get a bit pessimistic sometimes! Our little people need us to be here as their advocates and good role models! True eh Sis? I believe all the folks here are blazing a trail of wellness and recovery!

So grateful you all are here. I'll let yous know how I go with the Onc on Wednesday.
Blessings all
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:49 AM   #16
hutchibk

I am doing the Irene method - grab my drugs and go! I am headed to France for 7 days in April and the Italian Riviera for 10 days in June, and maybe Okinawa for 7-10 days in August (to transport my niece's cats to her after her Air Force Squadron is re-assigned there), then Germany for 10 days before Christmas. For various reasons, most of the trips are at very low or no cost to me and they are wonderful opportunities, so I plan to do everthing in my power to feel great for every trip, 'cause I ain't planning to cancel!!

I know you will feel good for your trip to Canada and will have a wonderful time!

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Last edited by hutchibk; 03-24-2008 at 08:52 AM..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #17
hermiracles

Wow! That sounds SO fantastic Brenda - how exciting!
Hope you dont mind me asking but do you have health/travel insurance?
My Onc says I cant really say I'm in remission or NED because the last bone scan I had showed signs of mets in sternum/rib??
Anyways I'm packing my bag for Canada! LOL!
Blessings & have fun!
Hermiracles
11/07 Portacath - FEC
Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #18
mke

Good for you!

In Canada they don't treat for free everyone who shows up. Geez can you imagine the flood of people from the US? Could you get travel insurance with a big deductible to reduce the price?

If you don't mind my asking, where in Canada are you going? Last summer I joined a friend and her Australian cousin in Niagra Falls. The woman from Australia had always wanted to see Niagra Falls - it was such fun to see it with her.

1998 left side ER/PR+, node-, lumpectomy and rads
2005 right side ER/PR-/HER2+, nodes+, neoadjuvant AC, taxol, lumpectomy, rads, 12 months herceptin
2008 back to the left, ER/PR+/HER2-, node-, bilateral mast.
mke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #19
hutchibk

In the US, my medicare supplement includes a travel insurance supplement. However, I have yet to read the fine print... just to be sure. I have yet to have any medical problems or serious side effects from my treatments, and at least for the rest of this year, I don't intend to!

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
Jean

Hermiracles,
I am coming late on this thread, but I just wanted to say that I believe that Brenda and Irene are wonderful role models to follow. They are truly setting the example of what this site is all about.

Strong women who refuse stop living their lives. Bravo to both,
they maintain their sense of humor and drive to live every day
their way.

I hope all goes well for you and you have a wonderful tirp if that is what you desire to do.

Hugs,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo