HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
SuePer

thanks for the warning, I changed the treatment from ACT to TCH, so not sure when the Her2 will start.
SuePer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink How Super To Meet You!

Welcome SuePer, Didn't catch the SUPER till Marie pointed it out. Great name, indeed. And your choice of hitting this site is a big step toward HEALING and being heard by those who stand with you and have been through much of what you face. Read my signature and you'll see our commonalities.

So sorry you must go through the whole thing, but you're well on the road. I had my mastec and tram flap reconst at the same time in '95. I agree with you on that decision. Tx were different back then, but I am now on Herceptin ev 3 wks, as I have been since '98. Been STABLE, NED since '99!

Herceptin is a picnic compared to the harder chemo. It's a *monoclonal antibody*, after all... Fatigue, thin, splitting nails for me. Runny nose slight but enough to be annoying. Vaseline at night avoids the crusty pain.

REREAD ALL THE ABOVE POSTS. These ladies have covered everything I would want to tell you and more. DRINK 10 glasses of water a day, every day, like it's been prescribed for you. Flushes toxins, gives you good skin, keeps you hydrated. ESSENTIAL to wellness. Keep a written list of questions. Take your meds. Find which meds work for you. Compazine and Kytril do not work for me. Phenergan is good for queasy vs major nausea when the big guns (Zofran) did the job for me. These drugs make you feel drugged but not sick. A blessing. Prilosec was necessary for me and my doc told me to take 2 at a time, so I didn't feel like I was having a heart attack. Scary.

THE FIRST ANYTHING IS SCARY. So, naturally, the first mysterious CHEMO experience is intimidating. But, like everything else, the anticipation is worse than the reality. My husband and one daughter accompanied me for moral support. I felt the love down to my toes! The nurses watched me like hawks. Very caring, on top of everything. No problems. For me, the nausea came 5 hrs later vs the next day. I learned that you must be your own nurse in watching what your body is telling you and responding immediately with the meds that are wondrous in combating nasty side effects. Some have major issues, others seem to sail through. I pray for the latter for you.

Any questions, any time, contact me on this board or privately! You're in a process. This is not your life. When you get through the tx, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. You are in a spiritual unfolding. Life won't look like it did. It will glow more. You'll find more beauty and love than you ever knew before. That's the good news! BE WELL. Hoping you'll sail, but -- we're all here with you, watching your back, just in case...

Sending loving, healing energy to you, wherever you are. When you get a chance (it took me yrs to figure out how to add my signature and profile!) let us know more about you. We are newfound Sisters, after all.
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
BonnieR

SuePer, the "H" in TCH IS Herceptin. "Her2" refers to the gene......

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote