HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #21
Debra

Oh Sheila --what an amazing story and beautiful picture! You have a lot to be thankful for as do those beautiful grandkids of yours having a grandmother like you! You sound amazing and so does your daughter after being tested so much in the past few years.

Blessings to you.

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:24 AM   #22
RobinP

Sheila, your so right to never give up hope. Your granddaughter's experiences certainily remind us of that; thank you for sharing her with us. I will keep her in pray for God's protection and pray she continues to do well.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #23
Diane H

What a blessing....

Thank you for sharing Jasmine's story with us, may she continue to thrive and love with you all, Hugs, Diane
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #24
Ora

Sheila and Jean, God Bless You and thank you for your truly inspirational stories.
Lumpectomy 8-4-05, 2cm tumor, 3 nodes neg, Completed 4 A/C, 4 taxol, decadron (weekly due to steriod reaction) finished 4-17-06
Finished 33 rads 6-5-06, Femara, Started Herceptin 6-22-06
Effexor for hot flashes, Taken off Herceptin Feb 2007 due to low LVEF (44 by Echo) Coreg & Lisinopril replaced bp meds - April Echo back up to 55 Resumed Herceptin 5-21-07.
2010: almost 5 YRS NED!!! Still taking Femara & Coreg. Due to all the CT scans, abdominal aneurysm found & repaired. Something good came out of having cancer.
2013 7+ years NED. Still on Femara
Ora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #25
Jen

Jasmine is truly an amazing child and has taught me to appreciate life in a way I hadn't before. I believe my Mom (Sheila) is right when she said to "NEVER GIVE UP HOPE". If I had given up hope when the Dr's told me Jasmine wouldn't live very long then she probably wouldn't be here today. I don't know what it is like to have cancer but I do what it is like to not give up hope even when the odds are stacked against you as was the case with Jasmine. I am VERY stubborn (just ask my Mom.lol) and that stubborness was the fuel that drove me to keep searching for answers. Well Jasmine is now 10 years old and is off oxygen, feeding tube, goes to school all day, she can read and is now starting to write, etc.... So ya see miracles can and do happen, Jasmine is living proof of that. Never stop asking questions and trying to find solutions because when you give up hope what is there to live for????
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #26
Karen Weixel

You, like your mom (when she first posted this story) have made my day. Thank you for sharing your story of hope and inspiration with all of us.

I will keep you and Jasmine in my prayers. What a beautiful spirit she must have and how blessed you are to have her in your life.

Karen
Karen Weixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #27
Jen

I am glad Karen I could make your day. I hope if nothing else sharing my daughter Jasmine's and my story encourages people to not give up hope and keep searching for answers and solutions. You can't find the answers if you don't keep asking the questions.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote