HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
skye

Wink drippy nose

Hi, if you look at the official Herceptin side effects, a "flu-like" condition and or drippy nose is very common for the first week of Herceptin. I didn't know it at the time and thought I was getting a cold that just never developed, then I looked it up and went A-ha! It disappeared as the week went on but can recur at times from what I understand. Keep those Kleenex handy! - Skye
Old 05-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
gin-tx

Smile Side effects from Herceptin

Dear Skye,

So glad you have done so well with Herceptin. I too have drippy nose, constantly. I sometimes forget about it. When I think of it it seems to start in again.

I too have some side effects but feel lucky I have things I can tolerate. No itchy feet, by end of day I am just exhusted though. I come home and try to sleep for 30 min. Some days I wait too late to lie down, get busy with phone calls, etc. I'll be glad when I'm done with treatment, am getting real sick of it since it's been a yr.

Keep in touch and let me know of your progress.

hugs,

ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
skye

Hi Gin,
Yes, the nose is still dripping. The only other symptom seems to be a general sluggishness but I still feel much better than I did on Taxol. Feet have stopped itching too. I think I can do this! And I did get my onc to switch my schedule to every three weeks instead of weekly, thank goodness.
Glad you are doing ok, too! - Skye
Old 06-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
mabrooks

I just started Herceptin on May 22nd. I finished mammosite radiation in mid April. I will start Femara in a few weeks my tumor was ER+ and Proges.+. I was lucky enough to not have to have any chemo. Due to my Her2neu 3+ status my onc recommended Herceptin 1 every three weeks for a year. The only side effects I have had are a runny nose and I seem to bruise easily. No nausea, no achy muscles.
Started Herceptin 5/07 once every three weeks
Was On Arimidex -switched to Femara
Oncotype 23
mabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Herceptin Side Effects Vs Taxotere

I have the feeling the Taxotere side effects I mentioned (in post #188) is being confused by some as side effects from Herceptin. A HORSE OF A WHOLE DIFFERENT COLOR, or however that old saying goes. Herceptin is a walk in the park.

PLEASE NOTE -- I posted today on WHY STAY ON HERCEPTIN -- and -- CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT. It seems impossible to find where these messages landed, even for me, intentionally looking for them. If you are interested, please look for them under SEARCH at the top of the page, or under my signature and find all postings. (I am still trying to figure out how to post a NEW THREAD. Dumbfounded on that one!)

ALSO PLEASE BE AWARE -- there is a Soul Sister who posts under the name Andi and her signature is simply Andi. That is NOT me. I am Andrea Barnett Budin (called Andi by Friends).

Andi, not me, has posted today and is in dire need of all our prayers. She has chosen to go off all treatment as the ca is everywhere and docs have nothing but bad news. I respect her wishes to live the time she has left in peace. That is a personal choice. Andi is a fighter, like me, and hopefully you. I have asked if it is okay to pray for a miracle to come to her. Andi can use all the prayers we have to offer. So please do what you can for her. She needs all our support.

Sending loving, healing energy to All my daring, darling Soul Sisters... ANDI BB
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
gin-tx

Smile Herceptin side effects

I have been on Herceptin and Aredia for almost 1 yr, have constant runny nose, muscle aches, but feel very fortunate I have only those problems. I have dealt with insomnia, which I had before I started treatment. I'm sure there are others but can't think of them at this time. My dr said I have 'chemo brain'. This is my second episode of BC, first 11 yrs ago, had radiation and lumpectomy, this time is more aggressive and also have a tumor on my spine that I had to have treated with 18 radiation treatments before they could start the Herceptin. I feel blessed for each day I have, still working part time, and am thankful to have a job with good benefits.

Keep me informed of your progress. We have to support each other to fight this battle.

ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #7
marion vardy

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

Hi i have 4 rounds of chemo and 18 radation treatments and had 4 rounds of herception was suppose to have 18 herception 1 every 3 weeks.It had to be stop because my heart function went down from 47% to 34%.After servely months still no change in heart function .So now its stop all togather.I had heart problems before i started chemo and herception ,Now i very nerves about maybe it was a bad choice to have herception at all.My heart function is causing me to be very tired and no energery at all Since my function is so low,
What do you think of me getting herception knowing i had a lot of heart issues before breast cancer,will it every go back to normal or am i left with low function for the rest of my life
marion vardy is offline   Reply With Quote