HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Melissai

Looking for onc in Las Vegas Nevada

Hi my name is Melissa and I was diagnosed with Stage 2 IDC(4tumors in left breast largest being 3cm) and DCIS if the right breast. I am ER+/PR+ and her2 borderline by immunichemistry and 2.1 confirmed by FISH. I am also BRCA2 positive. I was diagnosed Jan.2006 (37 yrs old) I had bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. 4DD AC/cytoxin and 4DD taxotere and Herceptin(weekly) I now am on every 3 weeks herceptin. I am getting lupron injections until I have my hysterectomy and started Arimidex in October for 5 years. The reason I am writing is because I am currently living in the San Diego Ca. area and love my doctor but my husband is being transfered to Las Vegas Nevada. Does anyone out there know any really good (aggressive in treatment)Doctors in that area??? I figured there are so many of you maybe someone out there is from that area. I have so much anxiety about moving as it is ( I have a great support of friends here that got me and my two little ones through the last year). I also have had 3 stage 1 melanomas in the past 3 years. They think it is due to the BRCA2 mutation. So if anybody knows a seperate skin Cancer onc that would be helpfull too. Thanks so much for any information you can give!! Love, Melissa
Melissai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #2
shelli

Smile Reply to your recent message re: Las Vegas

Hi Melissa, I just joined this and hope I can be of help to you. I'm new at this and not sure of what I'm doing yet. I was DX. about 2 yrs. ago and just finished TX 6 wks. ago. IDC & DCIS / ACDDx4 TDDx4, 36 rads., & 52 Herceptins. Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!! I have been living in Vegas for about ll yrs. and am totally familiar with the entire health system here, etc. Also, am a retired RN. I would love to help you in your search out here for quality care, etc.
Please contact me on e-mail and I will also be glad to give you my phone number so you can reach me and Il'l give you the scoop on Vegas, etc.

Shelli

Haven't heard from you yet, Just wondering if you are still moving here or in the process?

5/05 IDC Gr3 T1CNO 1.7cm & DCIS Gr3 comedo necrosis
HER++ ER6/PR- Richardson 9/9 Ki67-94%
6/05 Lumpectomy & SN 4DDAC + 4DDTaxol, 36 Rads, Herceptin wkly X52 until 2/07
Cardiomyopathy LVEF 4l%/MUGA never stopped Herceptin, Echos higher EF's
Arimidex 8 mos. & now on Femara.

Last edited by shelli; 04-13-2007 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: added signature & updated profile
shelli is offline   Reply With Quote