HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Ragini

Red face girls on lapatinib EAP a log

HI

I have been on the Eap program since September 06 and am due for my 2nd set of scans early March. My tumor markers initially went down from 150 to one 102 in the first 4months and the first set of scans revealed some improvement. There after my markers started increasing slowly but now there has been a sudden jummp to 155. The doc has aske me o continue the meds for weeks and then go for all the scans. According to him the scans are the ones which reveal the true picture of cancer and one sould not be worried incase the markers rise. I just hope he is right. Pl let me know how you are all doing and what side effects you are experiencing. I continue to have shoulder pain( mets to shoulder pain) but am very nauseous about an hour and half aftr taking lapatinib and at times throw up. With lots of hugs.

Ragini
Ragini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #2
lindaw

Dear Ragini

i have been on Lapatinib since November. Initially it completely cleared my skin mets rash on my arm. (My theory is because it crossed over with the herceptin still in systyem and together they are better).Now I still have the skin mets on my chest but they are no longer weeping andopen as much and are starting to sab over in places. This is good cause I have been dressing open wounds for about a year and a half. I get a little diarhea from the xeloda, sometimes find it hard to sleep and off course Hand and foot thingy - thats all.

love
Linda
lindaw is offline   Reply With Quote