HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #1
Becky

Happy Thanksgiving

I want to take a moment to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I know some of you celebrate Thanksgiving on a different date than in the USA but I want to say thanks to everyone. I joined this board about 2 years ago and it has been more than 2 years since my diagnosis but I consider all of you very dear friends. So many of you helped me through my treatment and other ailments/side effects that came along the way. I am so grateful for each and every one of you. Everybody brings something good and special here. Being part of this group is the best thing that ever happened to me.

When we say our Thanksgiving prayer tomorrow, I will thank God for all of you.

All my best

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Audrey

Awww, thanks Becky, that's so sweet. I joined this board 5 years ago when I first started my clinical trial for Herceptin and was searching for information about this new drug and to connect with other women in my situation. What a lifeline this place has been for so many of us through these years. Even though I don't post often anymore, I still visit often to check up on what's new and see how everyone is doing. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, and to everyone here in our her2support community!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
Christine
Founder - HER2 Support Group

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am also thankful for everyone in this group. Our efforts have been rewarded by the many friends that we have made through this organization and the many encouraging comments made about us on these boards.

I firmly believe that within the next few years we will all experience the most joyous Thanksgiving of all as progress is made towards eradicating this disease.

Hugs
Christine
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
Sandy H

Thumbs up

I have thanked God many times for this wonderful board. I have been on it for 4 years now and thanks go to my sister in law for sending me the Family Circle 4 years ago. She saw the Her2 article in there and thought it would be something that might help me going through such a tough time-meaning no support. I was too discouraged to reach out for help. She knew nothing about the Her2 and that I even had it. I had mentioned Herceptin to her and that's all she knew. This board and so many wonderful people, I consider family, has changed my life, inspired me to reach out, take control of my life, be proactive with this disease, and love people for who they are. Thanks Joe and Christine for being there for us through good times and bad times. Thanks to the rest for listening to us even when we have rambled on. We are all fighting the same battle here and yet each one is different. I am just so happy to be here and enjoying a great quality of life. Wishing you all a very Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving wherever you. Sending everyone a big hug from my heart. Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
rinaina

A special thanks for special people

I too want to take a minute of everyone's time to give thanks for this amazing and valuable support forum. I am so grateful for finding all of you at a time in my life where I was overwhelmed with my diagnosis and didn't know too much about her2 breast cancer. Your support and knowledge not only helped me become more informed but gave me the courage to take on this battle as so many of you have. I am forever thankful for all of you wonderful fellow support members and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. May we all have peace and good health throughout this holiday season.
With Warm Regards,
Rina
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:26 PM   #6
Mary Jo

I will take a little bit of everything you all said and then say "thank you" to everyone for taking the time to bring those words of encouragement and support to us when we need these encouraging words. And we SURELY do need them. This disease is scary stuff and sadly, when treatment is all over for some of is it really never ends AS we all know. We do our best to move on - trust in the Lord - and learn to live within our "new normal" but some days we just need to check in here and read what everyone elses "new normal" is like so we can feel "normal." Does that make sense? Probably not but it does to me.

Consider yourself hugged and I pray the Lord's Peace to rest upon each of us.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #7
RobinP

Thanks for starting this thread Becky. I too am thankful for this board and the support found here. There's nothing else quite like it out there for her2 positives.
Grateful,
Robin