HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
KellyA

chemo and body aches

Just a general question- I finished my chemo two weeks ago- 4 DD A/C and 12 weekly Taxols. I ache everywhere. About how long does it take for most of that to settle down? I know some people experience aches for a while, but I was just trying to get an idea. My mind is running away with me at times and I'm trying to keep things in perpective.

Thank you,
Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
kari

Hi Kelly,
I had 4 rounds of AC (not DD), followed by 4 rounds of Taxol this summer (finished on Aug 22). The Taxol caused a lot of joint and muscle aches and pains, very intense. It probably took a good 3-4 weeks for the severe intensity to pass. Since then I still experience stiffness and achiness to some degree, almost daily. It seems to move from joint to joint & muscle to muscle. The neuropathy from the Taxol seemed to be better for awhile, then came back again. Every day is a new experience---but one I am happy to be around to have!
I just started my Herceptin last week, and am pleased to report it's been a much better experience than any of the chemo.
Hang in there.
Take care,
Karen

The Good Lord gave us mountains, so we could learn how to climb!
kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Sherryg683

I finished chemo in April, I still ache terribly. Some times it's worse than others. I have been swimming lately and that seems to help with the muscle aches some, keeps me loose. It takes a long time to feel like normal, I haven't reached that point yet and I will be a year from diagnosis in December...sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
lindyjo

Body Aches

I finished chemo Sept. 13th and started radiation Oct. 9th. (Will finish next Tues.) I had achiness in my hips & knees, that started right after chemo, then about 3 weeks ago, my wrists, shoulders & fingers started to hurt. The docs thought it was probably from being pushed into menopause & having estrogen levels plunge, but now for the last two weeks, my back has hurt. I thought maybe it was from my 40 minute daily drives & laying on the table for rads, but today my rad. onc. decided to order an MRI since it has lasted 2 weeks. I'm relieved that he ordered one, but yet I'm scared too. If it comes out clean, that will give me some peace of mind for the immediate future. I know it's no guarantee but it's a starting point to move forward. This disease is so horrible. I pray there is a day when no one has to go through what we have!!
lindyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
KellyA

body aches

Thank you for your replies. I have a similar complaint list for aches. It seems to started with the joints during the chemo and now that I am finished my back really hurts and I have a lot of muscle aches. It is so hard to try and separate when to worry and when not to. I wonder if Hercptin ever causes muscle aches? I'll have to look at the "side effects of Herceptin" thread. Anyways thank you again.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote