HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-25-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
BonnieT

Question Gout !!! after herceptin ??

Hello
I just finished my year of herceptin in August and last week my big toe started hurting and then went to throbbing , I couldn't even sleep at night, it hurt to put the sheets on my foot.So I went to the Dr. and I have gout , I am on meds now so hopefully it will clear up , I was wondering if anyone has experienced this after herceptin ??
Thanks
God Bless
BonnieT
BonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
Shell

Bonnie-

My toe has been infected, and we can't seem to clear it up - I never even considered anything but just an infection - and I know what you mean with the the pain with something as lightweight as a sheet being placed on it - I'll have to follow up again and get mine checked out...

Shell
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:41 AM   #3
Lani

Bonnie T

Rhonda started a thread on those symptoms which disappeared(or appeared?) after herceptin stopped.
If you put a note regarding this in those threads should they ever be looked at by Genentech, some researcher, newspaper reporter or other, they might paint a more complete picture of what it is like to be treated with herceptin/what to expect once it is stopped(ie, what's missing from this picture?...)

On the thread I started I listed "symptoms real or perceived"--because some things are just coincidental and our perceptions are influenced by many things.

Thanks!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #4
BonnieT

Hi
Just thought I would let you know my foot is alot better they put me on allopurinol and colchicin and I have been drinking tons of water.
Good Luck
God Bless
BonnieT
BonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote