HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
Tami

Clean scans!!!

Hi all - I have been off line for a bit with computer problems and then started lurking mostly with elevated CA125 levels. I was wrestling with the decision to scan or not when I got the word that my Ca125 (ovarian cancer) marker was elevated for the past 2 blood draws. I ended herception a year ago after 4 ac, 4 taxotere, 35 rads and 1 year herceptin so before I removed my port last September we did brain MRI, bone scan and CT of abdomen and pelvis. All good. I had decided that I didn't want to do scans annually although my onc was up for it. So when the CA125 popped up we decided to do bone and CT scan and ultrasound of ovaries because 2 years ago I had an ovarian cyst that we all thought was nothing and we wanted to make sure that that was still the case. Then I started thinking of all the odd pains I had lately and was convinced I now had mets to the ribs. My mind went into major overdrive and I quickly became a wreck. I have never been more freaked out since all this started 2-1/2 years ago.

I was so relieved to find out today that all the scans were fine. Now I am trying to regain a sense of trust in my own intuition...fear just completely swept me away this time. I don't want to put my head in the sand but also don't want to go crazy on the fear path either..how do we strike a balance - live fully but remain vigilant advocates? Just needed to talk.
Tami is offline   Reply With Quote