HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
Vicki

Anyone on a Macrobiotics diet?

After buying some delicious Macrobars from my health food store, I contacted the owner, Amelia, whose story about her own breast cancer in 2003 prompted her to start this company for macro treats from her organic farm in Wisc. A brief story is written on each bar and cookie. (she's at www.gomacro.com)

Anyway, she recommended the cookbook "Cooking the Whole Foods Way" by Christina Pirello, a leukemia cancer survivor, and so I've gradually been incorporating macrobiotic meals into my day. I want to do it gently so I embrace it and have been making millet porridge, and having miso-based soups with tofu and veggies, etc.

It may be a bit tough this weekend as my husband and I are going to have a barbecue for 14 people and he's ready to fire up the barbecue with brats and hamburgers. Any suggestions from some of you who are incorprating a macrobiotics approach to your living? I'm interested in simple breakfasts, lunches, dinners, etc. I particularly like Annie Chun's soup bowls, which have no msg and a great flavor. Then, I add some cauliflower and other veggies. Since I live in Orange County, CA, I've going to the next potluck at ocmacros.org and will learn more, I'm sure.

Thanks for your tips.

Be happy and live well,

Vicki
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote