HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
madubois63

Smile happy birthday to me...madubois63

I finished up the second stage of leukemia treatment (consolidation) last Sunday, and got to go home for 2 days. I came in to the oncology clinic for catheter care and fainted (on the bathroom floor for 15 minutes in the dark). I was extremely dehydrated so they put me back in. I ended up having an infection, terrible fever/chills and all the niceties that come along with the dehydration (6 days worth)...I am much better now. I've got a headache, but other than that I feel pretty good. My counts should be on the rise soon - the drop was intentional. Even though I am in remission from the leukemia (and the bc), remission means 95% or more of the mutated cells are gone...so the consolidation is to attack that last 5%. I started Neupogen shots yesterday to help my non-existent white count and have had 1 blood and 2 platelet transfusions so far this week. Yes, today is my birthday - I made it to 43!!! It is another rainy gloomy day here on the East Coast (my grass really needs it). My mom is having her gallbladder out at 9:30 a.m., and I am anxiously waiting for my sister to call and tell me everything is ok. That will be the best present of all. I did get a phone call from the transplant hospital in Buffalo. I have 299 6/6 potential donors (we knew that), but out of the 299 several are young females that have never been pregnant (no antibodies). This is FANTASTIC news. They look for the best scenario first and that is what they wanted for me - a strong healthy immune system. They have started calling people in for appointments to do further testing. Things are moving!!! I know I've been missing in action, but the losses the last week or so really hit me hard. Thank you again to everyone for all the prayers - they are working and keeping me (partially) sane. I don't know if I would have made it this far without all the love and support you guys give so freely to me...with all my love - Maryann

..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

Last edited by madubois63; 08-28-2006 at 06:06 AM..
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote