HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   happy birthday to me...madubois63 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25152)

madubois63 08-28-2006 06:04 AM

happy birthday to me...madubois63

I finished up the second stage of leukemia treatment (consolidation) last Sunday, and got to go home for 2 days. I came in to the oncology clinic for catheter care and fainted (on the bathroom floor for 15 minutes in the dark). I was extremely dehydrated so they put me back in. I ended up having an infection, terrible fever/chills and all the niceties that come along with the dehydration (6 days worth)...I am much better now. I've got a headache, but other than that I feel pretty good. My counts should be on the rise soon - the drop was intentional. Even though I am in remission from the leukemia (and the bc), remission means 95% or more of the mutated cells are gone...so the consolidation is to attack that last 5%. I started Neupogen shots yesterday to help my non-existent white count and have had 1 blood and 2 platelet transfusions so far this week. Yes, today is my birthday - I made it to 43!!! It is another rainy gloomy day here on the East Coast (my grass really needs it). My mom is having her gallbladder out at 9:30 a.m., and I am anxiously waiting for my sister to call and tell me everything is ok. That will be the best present of all. I did get a phone call from the transplant hospital in Buffalo. I have 299 6/6 potential donors (we knew that), but out of the 299 several are young females that have never been pregnant (no antibodies). This is FANTASTIC news. They look for the best scenario first and that is what they wanted for me - a strong healthy immune system. They have started calling people in for appointments to do further testing. Things are moving!!! I know I've been missing in action, but the losses the last week or so really hit me hard. Thank you again to everyone for all the prayers - they are working and keeping me (partially) sane. I don't know if I would have made it this far without all the love and support you guys give so freely to me...with all my love - Maryann

..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

tousled1 08-28-2006 06:29 AM

Happy Birthday to you! So happy that things are progressing so well for you -- other than a few setbacks. Before you know it you'll be stronger than ever. Your positive spirit really inspires me.

cosmicdust 08-28-2006 06:29 AM

Well! Happy birthday to you and you WILL have many more - I have faith. To have so many potential donors is great! Prayers are with you from another stage 4...
Hippie birdie 2 ewe...happy birthday to you!!!!

RhondaH 08-28-2006 06:34 AM

Happy Birthday Maryann!!!!

and MANY, MANY more:)

Rhonda

Sheila 08-28-2006 06:38 AM

MaryAnn

Although you are going through rough times, things are looking better all the time...may your pot of gold be there at the end of the rainbow! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Many Many More to come.....

pattyz 08-28-2006 06:46 AM

Maryann,

Sending you VERY sterile hugs and kisses for your 43rd Birthday!!!

With wishes for inumerable days ahead, to a remarkable, awesome woman...
Hoping for many good blessings,
pattyz

lexigirl 08-28-2006 08:18 AM

Maryann,

Happy Happy Birthday!! What an inspiration you are to so many of us. I am so very proud of you!

That's awesome that the matches are plentiful and I am sure that once you have the transplant you will be in remission for a LOONNGG time!

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Cathya 08-28-2006 08:47 AM

Maryann;

A very happy birthday to you. You are doing an amazing job dealing with all of this and I am so happy to hear you have many potential donor options. I'm sure today will be a good news day and you deserve it in spades!!

Happy Day

Cathy

tammymarie1971 08-28-2006 11:29 AM

happy birthday Maryann!!! Here's to many many more!!
Thank you so much for your updates, even though I don't post often I always think of you and watch for your updates. Sounds like with the exception of that lousy 6 days that you have been doing fairly well!! I am so happy for you!! What a ride you have been on!
Tammy

sarah 08-28-2006 11:33 AM

Dear Maryann,
Happy birthday! It sounds like the donors are just the birthday present you need and deserve. May your new year be healthy and happy. You are so brave. Finally sounds like some good luck is coming your way.
big hug and love
sarah

Sherryg683 08-28-2006 01:24 PM

Happy Birthday sweetheart! I wish I could come share a nice big piece of birthday cake with you. You deserve it. You don't know how much you inspire us, I know you have inspired me...sherryg683

tricia keegan 08-28-2006 01:24 PM

Happy Birthday Maryann, you deserve a wonderful one after all you've been through. Good luck to your Mom too:)

Tricia

Barbara H. 08-28-2006 01:26 PM

Happy Birthday to you, Maryann. Every birthday is a milestone and should be celebrated. Sorry to hear about your setbacks, but a good match is a real gift.
Thinking of you,
Barbara H.

MJo 08-28-2006 01:36 PM

Happy Birthday and Many Blessings --- MJO

MJo 08-28-2006 01:37 PM

Happy Birthday and Many Blessings - MJO

al from Canada 08-28-2006 03:21 PM

I can't think of anyone who has been such an inspiration to so many at 43.........Happy birthday Maryann, hang tough and keep scrapping! Send love and healing vibes your way.

Al

Liz J. 08-28-2006 04:21 PM

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Maryann,

Your strong spirit has carried you through and will continue to do so.

May God Bless.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

kimber 08-28-2006 06:21 PM

Happy Birthday beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Keep kickin ass!

Many more prayers and good thoughts coming your way! - kim

Sandy H 08-28-2006 07:02 PM

Happy Birthday Maryann, its so good to keep hearing from you and we all love the fact things are moving along so fast. Wishing both you and your Mom the best. Sending you a big birthday hug! Aren't these birthdays precious for all of us? Sandy

karenann 08-28-2006 07:09 PM

Happy birthday Maryanne. I hope you can feel the love and support being sent your way.

Hugs,
Karen