View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
Gerri

Dear Melanie,

The decision to continue working (or not) is unique to the individual. I continued to work full time, taking off every other Friday for treatment. However, my kids were grown and in college, and my husband was very supportive. For me, working meant carrying on 'as usual' and I really think that being out of the house and around people helped me through some of the rough times. I had a much easier time with AC than Taxol. (My onc told me that her patients that breezed through AC had more difficulty with Taxol - and visa versa.) I managed to keep nausea at bay during AC but Taxol got me good with neuropathy. My job at the time was such that I could spend most of the day at my desk with very little moving around. When I went through radiation I scheduled it so I would leave work around 10:30am and then return at my lunch hour. I had so much sick time accrued that this worked out perfectly. Oddly enough, the fatigue didn't set in until long after I was done with radiation. The important thing to remember is to listen to your body. If you are tired, rest. If I had small children I'm sure I would have done things differently.

Best of luck to you as you try to make this decision. Let your body be your guide.

ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote