View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #15
dede10

I have believed all my life, being raised in a Catholic home until my parents divorced when I was 4. My mom left the Church-you just didn't get a divorce in the early '60's in a tiny town.

My mom remarried, & we hopped from one church to the next. Over the years, work, raising kids, & life seemed to get in the way. After 2 broken marriages, & 3 children, I married my husband. We went to church and became active. He thrived, & I felt something missing. When I was dx'd, it was a total shock. As a nurse, I thought I knew it all, & just figured since it was not in my family, I wouldn't get it...also, I breast fed & did everything right, or so I thought.

I went with my husband to be "prophesized over, & to a few 'healers'. I ended up returning to my home Church, the Catholic Church, & God. I now pray not only to be healed-if it is His Will, but for the grace to endure whatever I need to. I have learned alot since my dx. I was burning the candle at both ends, constantly on the go, now I relax, enjoy my grandkids. I realize there is so much more to life than buying the house on the hill (although we DID buy the house on the hill this year) or having the newest car.

I am continuing to learn how to enjoy life. I needed to learn how to stop & smell the roses.

I attend Mass always, and have also found the peace I had been missing for so many years.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Dum spiro spero
(Latin: while I breathe I hope)
dede10 is offline   Reply With Quote