View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #11
betlen5

Eric, I finished my first dose of Xeloda (14 days) and I am also on Tykerb daily. I have not had any problems yet with my hands or feet. However, I have always soaked them and done my own manicures and peticures for years and keep them well moisturized. I coach girls basketball and fast pitch softball so I am constantly in tennis shoes.

The only side effects thus far are sores in my nose, nose bleeds not to often..and breakouts on my face. I will be seeing a dermatologist for this.

My doses are in my signature. I hope that this will keep my cancer at bay for awhile. My Doctor also told me not to get over heated or purspire due to the drugs seeping out of my pores. No walking for long periods, which is a bummer because, I do the Atlanta2Day breast cancer walk every year (35 miles).

Please keep us posted on Caryn's progress.

God Bless and Hugs. Betty
8/2004 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr+ her2 3+ positive; dbl mas reconstructive surgery w/tran flap; no chemo or drugs
11/2005 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr+ her2 3+ positive; Taxol/Herceptin 1x weekly for 12 weeks; Herceptin for 9 months 1x 21 days
12/2006 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr- her2 3+ positive; Her 2 rechecked with FISH her2+++ er/pr-
3/9/07 Started Tykerb (Lapatinib) 1250 mg/once daily
Xeloda (Capecitabine 2000 mg/m2/daily 1-14 every 21 days
betlen5 is offline   Reply With Quote